Separation or army types in the newspaper

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Separation or army types in the newspaper

In the newspaper, when you look at the worlds mightiest army it combines you navy, airforce, and ground forces, I think it should be separated so you will be able to tell if you have stronger ground forces then other players and the same to tell if you will rule they sky’s and the seas it would help players decide if they should attack another player because in the newspaper it could tell you that they have a bigger army but that could be that the player has a massive navy and very little ground forces.
    • In 1.0 there was a little raised fist in the bar of every division when you selected it, this showed the highest number the unit had on the attack or defence. This would be named the 'unit strength'. This is also what decided if a province would rebel or not. If a province had enough army strength in it, there would be no way it would rebel no matter how low the morale would be.

In 1.5 this fist can still be visible when you select a damage, it says on the top with 'damage'. In this you see the category this unit does highest damage. I believe this is the number that is still used for the total army strength calculation in 1.5.
      Add the highest number from all your units and you have your total army strength. That is what is reported in the papers. In 1.0 if you selected all your units you could see the number yourself, you could also see it change when putting your units in different terrain. This is no longer possible as now it just reads 'multiple armies' with no further information.

This means that HP does influence the army strength, just as in what kind of terrain you place your units. You can for example pretend you have lower army strength then you actually do by placing all your airplanes in convoys at the time of day change the day army strength is mentioned. On the contrary, if you have a LOT of tanks your army strength will seem higher if you put all those tanks in open terrain at the day change armies are mentioned in the papers.

Staff member might want to check if the above is correct for I do not know what they exactly changed between 1.0 and 1.5.