Rookie Pilot

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rookie Pilot

I discovered by way of a patrol, that my enemy had a five plane convoy sitting within range in a province with no airfield. I sent in a single fighter plane(all I had) thinking a convoy of planes would be defenseless. I attacked their convoy and watched the entire attack. No one appeared to shoot at me. After I finished my attack, they suffered 0 damage and I lost 5 hit points. Please explain.
      OysterT
    • OysterT wrote:

I discovered by way of a patrol, that my enemy had a five plane convoy sitting within range in a province with no airfield. I sent in a single fighter plane(all I had) thinking a convoy of planes would be defenseless. I attacked their convoy and watched the entire attack. No one appeared to shoot at me. After I finished my attack, they suffered 0 damage and I lost 5 hit points. Please explain.
      Which version of the game is this? In 1.0 fighters have extremely low damage against land units.
      It was a good era as a Republic we landed. But then the Russian's land was narrow for him. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, but then, the Russian's land was too narrow for him. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, but then, the Russian's land was too narrow for him. Then the Red Army came like rags, and accompanied by a [sic] mendel was a political print. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, and accompanied by a mendel was a political print. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa
      -Untsakad, Politruk
    • iNot_here wrote:

OysterT wrote:

Which version of the game is this? In 1.0 fighters have extremely low damage against land units.
      1.5 also has bad damage, although 1.0 does have a bit lower damage.
    • Thank you. Two questions: 1) How do you know how much damage convoyed planes do? 2) A fighter plane on a truck is 70% as effective as a fighter plane in the sky? That doesn't seem right.

I've read the manual, but I don't seem to know much about air battles. How can I learn?
      OysterT
    • OysterT wrote:

Thank you. Two questions: 1) How do you know how much damage convoyed planes do? 2) A fighter plane on a truck is 70% as effective as a fighter plane in the sky? That doesn't seem right.

I've read the manual, but I don't seem to know much about air battles. How can I learn?
      It would seem that checking "Status" and then looking at the damages will show you the damage of convoys.
      It was a good era as a Republic we landed. But then the Russian's land was narrow for him. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, but then, the Russian's land was too narrow for him. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, but then, the Russian's land was too narrow for him. Then the Red Army came like rags, and accompanied by a [sic] mendel was a political print. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa, and accompanied by a mendel was a political print. Ai-ui-ai-jaa, ti-ral-lal-laa
      -Untsakad, Politruk
    • Plane convoys are a ground unit.

Interceptors are ineffective against ground units.

All units have some defensive value
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<