2020-09-08 Release Details

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 2020-09-08 Release Details

Please find the detailed list of updates and balancing changes to today's Release Notes, September 8th, 2020.

For the most part these changes only affect newly created CoW1.5 games, created after the time of this post (2020-09-08).

Buildings:
      • Added new building “Recruiting Station” which boosts manpower production in a province by up to +200%. It has 3 levels and is buildable in both urban and non-urban provinces. This is to diversify building roles and create more strategic choices.
        • Removed the manpower production boost from Industry and Local Industry since we now have a separate building for it. Reduced the construction costs and time of Industry and Local Industry to account for this.
      • Added new building “Propaganda Office” which boosts morale development in a province up to +40. It has 3 levels and is buildable in both urban and non-urban provinces. This is to diversify building roles and create more strategic choices.
        • Removed morale boost from Infrastructure since we now have a separate building for it. Reduced construction costs and time of Infrastructure to account for this.
      • Slightly shifted resource costs around for multiple buildings (without changing their total costs or resource categories) to keep the resource needs distributed evenly among all buildings.
      • Capitol:
        • Added a positive morale modifier of +10 to the province it is located in.
      Doctrines:
      • Panasian:
        • Reduced terrain bonus modifier for existing bonuses from +25% to +20% (absolute values).
      Units:
      • Separated hills and forests terrain into 2 separate terrain types with their own modifiers, and normalized terrain bonuses depending on the average amount of provinces with each terrain on standard maps:
      • Anti Air:
        • Removed terrain bonus in forests.
        • Increased terrain bonus in hills.
      • Anti Tank:
        • Removed terrain bonus in hills.
        • Increased terrain bonus in forests.
        • Removed stealth ability in hills.
      • Artillery:
      • Commandos:
      • Infantry:
        • Added terrain bonus in forests.
        • Reduced terrain bonus in mountains slightly.
      • Militia:
        • Reduced terrain bonus in hills.
      • Paratroopers:
        • Reduced terrain bonus in hills.
      • Rocket Artillery:
      • SP Anti Air:
      • SP Artillery:
        • Reduced terrain bonus in plains slightly.
      • SP Rocket Artillery:
        • Reduced terrain bonus in plains slightly.
      • Tank Destroyer:
        • Removed terrain bonus in plains.
        • Added terrain bonus in urbans.
      • Other unit changes:
      • Nuclear Bomber:
        • Slightly decreased speed to the same level as Strategic Bombers.
        • Replaced Metal costs with Goods costs.
        • Normalized resource costs between Goods and Oil.
      • Nuclear rocket:
        • Decreased Hitpoints to the same level as Rocket level 4.
        • Increased flight speed to the same level as Rocket level 4.
        • Normalized resource costs between Oil and Metal.
      • Railroad Gun:
        • Changed building level requirement to reach minimum production time from Secret Lab lvl3 to Secret Lab lvl4.
        • Slightly increased production time.
        • Removed all terrain bonuses, since logically it is bound to railways.
        • Increased damage values slightly to make up for loss of terrain bonuses.
      • Rocket fighters:
        • Slightly increased Hitpoints.
      • Transport Ship:
        • decreased damage on higher levels.
        • Slightly increased research cost.
      Mechanics:
      • Increased the maximum expansion morale penalty from -35 to -40. This is countered by the now more effective Propaganda Office building.
      • From now on only fights near a province center will trigger morale and building damage in that province.
      Interface:
      • Reworked split army popup. Click on the new - or + button to decrease or increase the selected amount or click on the unit icon to select or deselect all units of a type (also in CoW1.0 and for existing games).
      • New building icons for buildings that shared the same icons before (also for existing CoW1.5 games).
      • Hills and Forests terrain is now displayed separately in province bar and unit details panel.
      • New background for unit section in army bar, depending on the Doctrine used.
      • 2 new achievements in player profiles (progress will be awarded retroactively):
        • Organ Player: Destroy X units using SP rocket artillery. In Reference to the "Stalin's organ", a nickname several countries gave to the Katyusha rocket launcher.
        • Event Master: Win any event map X times.
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • I'm also seeing a change in the sight range shape (not sure if I'm terming that correctly). The attack range is still a circle, but my sight ranges have changed to wide ovals. It appears that it's a reduction in north-south sight range while east-west sight range is similar to before. Is this intentional? Thanks!
    • Hey, I like these changes!
      Very nice graphics update, Yay, eye candy, I know, but anyway. I'm spending lots of time looking at this stuff, so it might as well look nice and clear. I think the new buildings are crispy clear!
      Also, the new split interface is so much better and forgiving. Makes the many spli/merge operations feel less tedious.
      I'm looking forward to trying all the other new stuff, although some of it requires a new game.
    • jubjub bird wrote:

I'm also seeing a change in the sight range shape (not sure if I'm terming that correctly). The attack range is still a circle, but my sight ranges have changed to wide ovals. It appears that it's a reduction in north-south sight range while east-west sight range is similar to before. Is this intentional? Thanks!
      That's a visual bug, the actual sight range was not changed. It will be fixed in an upcoming update.

HMS Surprise wrote:

Is it just me or the game is more laggy now? Both on mobile and desktop it feels more laggy
      Hmm just in general or during specific actions? Can other players confirm this? It is hard to quantify this of course.

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Hey, I like these changes!
      Very nice graphics update, Yay, eye candy, I know, but anyway. I'm spending lots of time looking at this stuff, so it might as well look nice and clear. I think the new buildings are crispy clear!
      Also, the new split interface is so much better and forgiving. Makes the many spli/merge operations feel less tedious.
      I'm looking forward to trying all the other new stuff, although some of it requires a new game.
      Thanks, glad you like it.
    • Cloudpop2 wrote:

freezy wrote:

HMS Surprise wrote:

Is it just me or the game is more laggy now? Both on mobile and desktop it feels more laggy
      Hmm just in general or during specific actions? Can other players confirm this? It is hard to quantify this of course.
      Moving around the map and and zooming in and out is a lot more laggy now.
      It is probably because your computer has a low tolerance for stuff that requires lots of memory. The more updates there are, the worse the lag will get. Good luck. :(
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader