AI Countries attacking

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • deathmaster421 wrote:

      Playing on several World maps (event game) and every AI country I have a border with has declared war on me (Nothing in News). I have seen this really negative behavior on the Antarctic map before.

      Why are all the AI countries doing this? Several had no units on border.
      That is because they are AI. ;) AI normally attacks you if you already declared war on them, have units in their countries (unprovoked) as well as having a low global popularity. That means that you always attack other countries with/without declaring war and causing countries to not like you.
      FORUM GANG General

      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician 3rd Grade
      Forum General
      President Training Alliance United
    • Seems like everyone on Event map now getting attacked by all the AI's. Started happening in last 24h. Every border with AI will start attacking. As soon as you get new border..they will attack too.

      Just looked at all Human players and we are all at 1% popularity. Even players that have only attack other lands by Day 18

      The post was edited 1 time, last by deathmaster421 ().

    • deathmaster421 wrote:

      Seems like everyone on Event map now getting attacked by all the AI's. Started happening in last 24h. Every border with AI will start attacking. As soon as you get new border..they will attack too.

      Just looked at all Human players and we are all at 1% popularity. Even players that have only attack other lands by Day 18
      Yes something about AI is weird that when 1 country attack, another will follow within 24 hours overwhelming my entire border force. This is annoying. :(
      FORUM GANG General

      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician 3rd Grade
      Forum General
      President Training Alliance United
    • This ramping up of AI declarations was actually a bugfix. Sometimes AIs stopped declaring wars on some players (due to a bug) but not on others, which made situations somewhat unfair. So we fixed this and then all AIs cought up with their war declarations on those players that got "lucky". This resulted in some more wars declared at once in all games after the update.

      We figured though that players dont like it if the whole AI world declares war on them, so we released another fix today that limits the war declarations of AIs to lower numbers, going forward (wars declared previously remain in effect).
    • freezy wrote:

      This ramping up of AI declarations was actually a bugfix. Sometimes AIs stopped declaring wars on some players (due to a bug) but not on others, which made situations somewhat unfair. So we fixed this and then all AIs cought up with their war declarations on those players that got "lucky". This resulted in some more wars declared at once in all games after the update.

      We figured though that players dont like it if the whole AI world declares war on them, so we released another fix today that limits the war declarations of AIs to lower numbers, going forward (wars declared previously remain in effect)
      Is it possible if you lower it back but make the chances that you get attacked back to normal? Also, which update was it? I still have 2 AI declaring war on me.
      FORUM GANG General

      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician 3rd Grade
      Forum General
      President Training Alliance United
    • The bug that AIs sometimes (meaning for certain countries in the game after a certain point) never declared war was fixed in the release on tuesday this week. This resulted in more wars declared on wednesday to those "lucky" players which were affected by the bug since AIs caught up basically. Those wars declared are legit though, they would have happened for those players anyway without that bug, just not all at the same time.

      Today we released a change that limited the amount of wars AIs declare, which scales depending on the player strength and his current ongoing wars. The effects of this may be seen tomorrow and afterwards. The change won't make it impossible for AIs to declare wars btw, it just puts a limit on their aggressiveness.
    • freezy wrote:

      The bug that AIs sometimes (meaning for certain countries in the game after a certain point) never declared war was fixed in the release on tuesday this week. This resulted in more wars declared on wednesday to those "lucky" players which were affected by the bug since AIs caught up basically. Those wars declared are legit though, they would have happened for those players anyway without that bug, just not all at the same time.

      Today we released a change that limited the amount of wars AIs declare, which scales depending on the player strength and his current ongoing wars. The effects of this may be seen tomorrow and afterwards. The change won't make it impossible for AIs to declare wars btw, it just puts a limit on their aggressiveness.
      Sounds great!
      FORUM GANG General

      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician 3rd Grade
      Forum General
      President Training Alliance United
    • UPDATE: 2 more countries declared war on me. Just put a better limit. No more than 1 country declaring war within 24 hours something like that. This is killing me. And it is also a tutorial game. :(
      FORUM GANG General

      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician 3rd Grade
      Forum General
      President Training Alliance United
    • I have now had 9 AI countries attack me. This is ridiculous. Since I was in the number one spot with the most points, I seemed to be targeted by all neighboring countries. Is this by design? Does this mean that when you have successfully engineered an attack plan, that the AI will take you down? So now, not only do you have to beat the other players, you now have to beat the computer. All of this has happened in less than 72 hours.

      It seems that the new attack plan is to be in second or third place when the AI engages so that you have a fighting chance of victory. Otherwise, victory is impossible.
    • GeneralAumSum wrote:

      if ur rep is bad ai will attack u
      That is true in a way but there has been a bug that changed the balancing.

      Barney792 wrote:

      I have now had 9 AI countries attack me. This is ridiculous. Since I was in the number one spot with the most points, I seemed to be targeted by all neighboring countries. Is this by design? Does this mean that when you have successfully engineered an attack plan, that the AI will take you down? So now, not only do you have to beat the other players, you now have to beat the computer. All of this has happened in less than 72 hours.

      It seems that the new attack plan is to be in second or third place when the AI engages so that you have a fighting chance of victory. Otherwise, victory is impossible.
      Yes, victory is not possible. Same thing happening for me. In fact every AI country in map declared war on me. :) that is 14 left. My country is done for other than the navy.
      FORUM GANG General

      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician 3rd Grade
      Forum General
      President Training Alliance United
    • I think there should be a way to gain popularity. Once you are at war with anyone (which this is a war game by the way), the popularity keeps dropping. And once you are at war with one AI, it drops faster, and more and more AI declare war.
      I had allies with shared map, who gone inactive on me, and eventually because of AI and a dropping popularity, I am now at war with several of my allies.

      It is impossible to gain a truce, ceasefire, peace or anything else with AI, something which is completely absurd, so even if I wanted to make peace with some, I can't. And why a previously unprovoked ally turns into an enemy is beyond me, just because AI took over.

      Currently I have 11 AI at war, with popularity of 13, but I manage to maintain morale between 65 and 75 by just slowly taking some of the land from the AI closest to me and then wait a day, while taking out the smaller AI enemies as quickly as possible.
      Of the 25 players, only 3 active players are left, including me. and I am the largest country, so obviously most do not like me.

      It is possible for me to win this map, slowly by attrition, by attacking only a few provinces in a day and use my army to stomp out any rebels. Building forts along the very long Russian border, while I take care of the smaller countries 2 at time, and offering peace/ceasefire to the rest of the 9 countries at war.

      The AI is stupid. They declare war, but don't actively attack, most of it, is just a ploy to lower morale.
      And the few which do attack, they spam me with anti aircraft. Occasionally with a small tank. So I can easily swat them like flies.