A BUNCH OF NEW IDEAS(EVEN MORE INCOMING)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A BUNCH OF NEW IDEAS(EVEN MORE INCOMING)

Yes yes, it's me again. The boy who proposed the idea of super heavy tanks*.

The mechanic--Some specific details:
      Mines are a special unit that can cause heavy damage on troops that stepped over it. It can only be revealed by engineers, mine sweepers** and spies. There will be three kinds of mines, one being the conventional one(high explosive),the second one being AT mines(armor piercing), the last being sea mines.
      Build Requirements, Research and Costs :

• Engineer Lvl. 2
      • Research: Mines lvl.1-4
      • (FOR AT MINES) Research: Mines lvl.2, AT Mines lvl.1-3
      • (FOR SEA MINES) Research: Mines lvl.3, Sea Mines lvl.1

CONVENTIONALGoodsMetalMoney
      COSTS PER MINE450450300

ANTI TANKGoodsMetalMoney
      COSTS PER MINE500475450

SEAGoodsMetalMoney
      COSTS PER MINE540500450

UPKEEP PER MINE(FOR ALL MINES)Goods

Strength and Effective Radius:(intended for v1.0 and top-level mines)
      InfantryArmourNavalSubmarineRADIUS
      CONVENTIONAL166.55 km
      ANTI TANK5155 km
      SEA22145 km

More details:
      1. Only Mine Sweepers and Engineers can produce, spot and disable mines.
      2. Producing and Disabling mines will take time and money, once production or disablement started, they cannot be canceled.
      3. It's better to set an upper limit of number of mines existent in a province at a time.
      4. Mines deal damage friends and foes alike, just like 1.5 rockets and nuclear bombs.
      The New Units:
      1. Engineer
      Some details:
      • Prequisite of producing land mines(at and high explosive), and MG nests.
      • Works as some sort of elite infantry.
      • Shortens structure build time and cuts costs of your province when is part of a garrison.
      Build Requirements, Research and Costs:
      • Barracks lvl.3
      • Industrial Complex lvl.1
      • Research: Infantry lvl.2, Engineer lvl.1-3
      EngineerFoodManpowerMetalGoodsRaresMoney

UPKEEPFoodManpower

Strength:

InfantryArmorAirStructure
      OFFENSE8.55.513^
      DEFENSE7.03.01.0

2. Mine Sweeper

Some Details:

• Prequisite for producing sea mines.
      • Since mine sweepers sweep sea mines, they are equipped with sonar devices, thus can also spot and attack submarines.
      • Fast speed, but fairly light armour
      Build Requirements, Research and Costs:
      • Naval Base lvl.2
      • Industrial Complex lvl.1
      • Research: Destroyer lvl.2, Mine Sweeper lvl.1-3
      Mine SweeperGoodsManpowerMetalOilMoney

UPKEEPFoodOil

Strength and Range:

AirNavalSubmarineRANGE
      OFFENSE4.58.045
      DEFENSE4.53.54.0

3. Rocket Boats

Some History:
      Rocket boats aren't something new to soldiers in WWII, since they first appeared in the Napoleonic Wars, which is as early as 1814. After the infamous v-2 rocket London strike, rocket boats are widely used by the English Royal Navy and the US Navy. It saw extensive use in the battle of Iwo Jima, and successfully softened the defences on the island when Task Force 51/5 tried to move through the bullet screens made by the Japanese garrison. They also provided fire support to the invasion forces of Normandy.

Some Details:
      • Rocket Boats are boats(with destroyer class armor or above) equipped with common guns (AA and naval gun) and rocket launchers.
      • They are fast, flexible and maneuverable, although a bit more vulnerable than other naval vessels. But when it comes to firepower, it's a whole different story......
      Build Requirements, Research and Costs:(v1.5@)
      • Naval Base lvl.1
      • Research: Rocket Artillery lvl.1, SP rocket artillery lvl.1, Rocket Boat lvl.1-2
      Strength and Range:
      InfantryLight ArmorHeavy ArmorAirNavalSubmarineStructureRANGE
      OFFENSE107.04.5142570
      DEFENSE127.5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      *:Please see an earlier thread in this forum.
      **:Not to mix up with engineers who sit in a building and draw papers nowadays. Engineers are a special type of infantry in WWII who do stuff like repairing equipment, building temporary infrastructure and mine sweeping.
      ^:Engineers use even stronger explosives then commandos.
      @:All strength in this post are meant for 1.0 games and units of the highest level.(except specifically indicated)
    • Cool Ideas! I Like the mines idea. If You see an Enemy unit moving in on your defensive troops/border send an engineer unit quickly to plant mines and traps for your enemy to trigger,however I think since most players especially offending players would hate the Mines idea, so Maybe make the Conventional Mines Weak in general, But the Anti-Tank and Sea Mines will have heavier armor and Strength? The conventional Mine is made to take out 2-4 individuals,and 2-3 small units is either a brigade or regiments which consists of up to 2-5,000 men in reality. So The Land Mines won't exactly be effective,even against infantry. HOWEVER, I LOVE the idea of Sea mines, especially if you are a very strong and robust nation but have a weak and small navy, and your enemy just happens to be the naval-buff of the map...so maybe that will be helpful in that Perspective, especially because any neighboring ship will have to take hundreds if not a thousand or two sailors on board their vessel(s), So Food would be come Expensive,as there are more consumers per ship that would help with taunting your opponents economics. I Think that Rocket Ships should be put in the "Secret" tab because it was particularly new naval tech being introduced into the US Navy and so on during WWII,and only 12 were ever made compared to 164 destroyers that's new tech vs tech used and trusted during WW1. You also have to remember the tragic incident on Normandy, those rocket ships were made to hit the enemies shores but instead didn't even make it and killed some Allied troops on the beach that day so maybe cut the range down from 70 km- 5 km, artillery does NOT reach that far. But these are really really specific ideas, and we can't just have a whole bunch of combat Tech and personnel all in 1, there are thousands and thousands of specific Jobs in the military,if Bytro took the time to add every single one,tournaments would last months and the game would take up so much data on your PC,Phone etc. That it would significantly slow it down.
    • I like most of the ideas that you have but most of the ideas that you have our reposted here. As I said last year, (lol) I think mines could be placed as a building in specific routes in a province. So those are the lines that you see. You can put one line for level 1 and so on. You will need mine sweepers to sweep it and your own troops will get hurt if they try to go through the route so there will be some strategy in doing that.
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • I would rather them abandon it for 20 years and I will still play it. However... not 2.5. PS Please use the edit button instead of double posting everything. ;) not dep modding just trying to "blend you in" lol
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader