Call of war 1.5 Too Expensive

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Call of war 1.5 Too Expensive

Call of war 1.5 has lots of buildings and a tiny flow of resources to accomplish it, even more important buildings were recently added a few days ago too. A player is expected to delegate money and resources to research and construct key buildings into his core lands. Once accomplished he would need to begin producing some units and it is a necessity he utilize all his core urban provinces to keep up with other players. Now resources become strained and he can't keep up with all the projects, the player has to choose what to feed resources into but all are key. The player could use the Market but everything there is expensive and you have to choose what to set back again. Then you are required to upgrade the buildings on the resources province that would boost your resources and worst thing is you have to invest lots of resources. When expensive research of higher levels is complete you need to upgrade every single unit which is also expensive and having a few units is not an option as you must grow because you need to compete with rivals. This level of competition will backfire. Conquest does not even remedy the situation much, as most resources come from your core anyways. Units perish easily too especially and the survivors of a bloody battle regenerate so slowly that it is not even worth upgrading. Some tactics is needed but this is overdone. I only see a solution which is to make everything cheaper or increase resources through higher yields or really higher gains from the buildings that boost resources just enough that it still incentives to lets people manage the economy.
    • Motorwheel wrote:

Call of war 1.5 has lots of buildings and a tiny flow of resources to accomplish it, even more important buildings were recently added a few days ago too. A player is expected to delegate money and resources to research and construct key buildings into his core lands. Once accomplished he would need to begin producing some units and it is a necessity he utilize all his core urban provinces to keep up with other players. Now resources become strained and he can't keep up with all the projects, the player has to choose what to feed resources into but all are key. The player could use the Market but everything there is expensive and you have to choose what to set back again. Then you are required to upgrade the buildings on the resources province that would boost your resources and worst thing is you have to invest lots of resources. When expensive research of higher levels is complete you need to upgrade every single unit which is also expensive and having a few units is not an option as you must grow because you need to compete with rivals. This level of competition will backfire. Conquest does not even remedy the situation much, as most resources come from your core anyways. Units perish easily too especially and the survivors of a bloody battle regenerate so slowly that it is not even worth upgrading. Some tactics is needed but this is overdone. I only see a solution which is to make everything cheaper or increase resources through higher yields or really higher gains from the buildings that boost resources just enough that it still incentives to lets people manage the economy.
      Thanks for the feedback. I think there is one wrong assumption here: That you have to do all this. To the contrary, all of these things don't have to be done at the same time. You don't need to build all available buildings in your cores, you don't need to upgrade all existing units once a new level is researched etc. All players have the same constraints, so also all of your enemies can't do all of this at once. This creates a nice dynamic of choice where a player can get advantages by choosing to invest resources into the right thing at the right time.

Making everyone have more resources won't make the game more fair, since everyone will still have the same amount to spend. But it would remove the importance of choices and the advantages that you can gain from making the right choices.

As was also said in this thread already, the reason why you might feel you have too little resources is because of the reduced building times. If you spend your resources everytime a build slot is free of course you will run into trouble. It is not intended anymore to keep all build slots running at all times.
    • I expected someone say this. My nation feels very incomplete at this rate never will see its full potential at the core. I know everyone has the same constraints. There can still going to be incentives for people to invest in their economy yet everyone can choose their stragerty and game play.

You don't have to do everything with the limited resource but the fact you can't even do one project, lets say some Air factories without going past your limit is overkill. Now you still have not touched, research, unit upgrades, unit production. People are ignoring espionage, infrastructure, fortification and diversifying their units because so many game aspects are now worthless because it is better to tank rush, infantry is no longer the back bone of their army in this game you can not have a proper army or economy a proper anything.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Motorwheel ().

• Motorwheel my boy, reading your post right after freezy was so kind to explain the dynamics of 1.5 tells me that unfortunately you didn't understand his message.

Have you ever played a Pokémon game? If you have, you'll have heard the following sentence at some point:"There's a time and place for everything, but not now." Following the wise words of Professor Oak you should pay attention to not only what you can do but also when. Of course you can research a unit while producing another and construct a building at the same time but it needs setup and prior planning. The seeds that you don't sow in the early game you won't be able to reap in the mid to late game. And that's why thinking about your strategy before executing it is important.

I am convinced that if you heed this you will succeed in 1.5 games. I am sure of it.
    • Of course. I don't expect such big things to be redone I tried my luck. I just did fair criticism. Summary I am not trying to say get rid players focus on the economy and planning but get rid of the crippling economy.

Also could you at least change something simple. I am going to invade East Brazil and I noticed a extra road that leads no where at Monte Santo. Probably was meant to be a intersection.

Screenshot
      gyazo.com/95103feb2642c9dca72570cb8e077e70
    • The imbalance between resource accumulation times and build times is what's throwing him off. I have the same problem. A city should consume roughly what it can produce over the same period of time. Yes, it varies a little, like when you produce a militia in your maxed-out capital. But for the most part, 1.0 has a balance and 1.5 wrecks that balance.

This creates anxiety. I'm worried that I may not be able to build any of the units coming tomorrow, so I hoard a large amount of resources, hoping it will be enough. Is it too much? Too little? Do you honestly expect me to do the math? I *hate* hoarding resources. The dilemma this puts me in is making me *unhappy* with the game.
    • ZILANT wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

Do you honestly expect me to do the math?
      LOL, of course players have to do math, because it's a strategy game, not one-finger-tap game.
      Wait, seriously. You expect players to compute the net income per hour for every resource type, the needs to build new units plus maintain those and existing units, and decide how much exactly is left over for buildings? And do this multiple times a day?
    • z00mz00m wrote:

ZILANT wrote:

z00mz00m wrote:

Do you honestly expect me to do the math?
      LOL, of course players have to do math, because it's a strategy game, not one-finger-tap game.
      Wait, seriously. You expect players to compute the net income per hour for every resource type, the needs to build new units plus maintain those and existing units, and decide how much exactly is left over for buildings? And do this multiple times a day?

First of all, your net hourly income for each resource is displayed underneath the resource (on PC). You don't need to concern yourself with maintenance for purposes of resource estimation (it's already baked into the hourly rate). It's pretty easy to calculate how much you'll have in the future, just multiply your hourly rate by the number of hours in the future it is and add it to your current total. If this level of mathematics is beyond you, this probably isn't the game for you.

Besides, it's not even necessary to think in terms of "will I have enough to build all my units in the morning", just prioritize. Build things in priority order, when you can no longer produce your next priority, just stop building until you can. Obviously planning ahead and doing the math is much more efficient, but you can get by just fine by doing the most important thing next and saving resources until you can do it. Sometimes that means not building a light tank until you can afford to start your next research.

Keep your troop production buildings relatively balanced with your resource outputs. There's no benefit to having a level five tank plant if you can't keep it running due to lack of resources. Those resources would be better spent improving industry (in your core first). My guess is you're severely resource constrained because you (like many other players) focus on building as many units as fast as possible and never consider improving your economy.

It's possible that you're just doing it wrong, I think the economic aspects of 1.5 are pretty well tuned.