Review

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • So basically I am a fairly new player. I joined the game a month ago want to talk about a few things.
      1) The game tutrorial is geniunely useless. When I joined the game I could not figure out what to do because the tutorial does not teach anything about rebellions, upkeep, war penalty, sbde, etc. Most of my knowledge came from the player created guides on the forum.
      2) Why allow people of all levels to join the tutorial games ? I joined a few games and 70% of the time there were players at least above lvl 70 joining the games to 'troll' new players and repair their stats. I understand they are the only source of 2x speed maps but you can create some maps with a maximum level required to join similar to the minimum level feature.
      3) Inactivity. Most of the people in my first 3 games were inactive. So when i joined a world at war i got a bitter taste of pvp in cow.
      4) Cow 1.5 is the hottest thing in town, so why not put up a tutorial clearing the basics of cow 1.5. I still dont understand the mechanics and generally stick to 1.0.
      5) AI. I captured 2 countries as morocco (algeria and lybia). In the case of Algeria I did not even attack him first. I dont understand how the ai works but Spain, Italy, Egypt and UK declared war at me and i have 7 embargoes. Please change the Ai setting because one player cant fight against 4 relatively dumb AI's especially if he is new.
      6) Units. A average country starts with 62 units in the begining of a tutorial map but all other maps except the historical ones start with 10-20 units. Thus the tutorial feels more of a middle game battle from the start of the game. One can simply not learn about early game tactics from the tutorial games .

      Feel free to Add / Criticize on my thread.
    • BlazingInfernos wrote:

      So basically I am a fairly new player. I joined the game a month ago want to talk about a few things.
      1) The game tutrorial is geniunely useless. When I joined the game I could not figure out what to do because the tutorial does not teach anything about rebellions, upkeep, war penalty, sbde, etc. Most of my knowledge came from the player created guides on the forum.
      The tutorial isn't really meant to teach you exactly what to do. I suggest checking the in game forums Manuel instead. The tutorials however...do have more resources and troops as well as faster speed to keep you happy.

      BlazingInfernos wrote:



      2) Why allow people of all levels to join the tutorial games ? I joined a few games and 70% of the time there were players at least above lvl 70 joining the games to 'troll' new players and repair their stats. I understand they are the only source of 2x speed maps but you can create some maps with a maximum level required to join similar to the minimum level feature.
      I am sorry about that, sometimes we like to hop in 2 times games as well as more starting troop benefits in tutorial games. :)

      BlazingInfernos wrote:

      3) Inactivity. Most of the people in my first 3 games were inactive. So when i joined a world at war i got a bitter taste of pvp in cow.
      Yes, bigger maps seem to have the influence to stay active for most players. For smaller maps, consider joining with some friends.

      BlazingInfernos wrote:

      4) Cow 1.5 is the hottest thing in town, so why not put up a tutorial clearing the basics of cow 1.5. I still dont understand the mechanics and generally stick to 1.0.
      That is because 1.5 is still under development and a tutorial pretty much changes every few weeks so it will be pointless to do that until the changes are made. In the meantime, check out the forum pages and the updates.

      BlazingInfernos wrote:

      5) AI. I captured 2 countries as morocco (algeria and lybia). In the case of Algeria I did not even attack him first. I dont understand how the ai works but Spain, Italy, Egypt and UK declared war at me and i have 7 embargoes. Please change the Ai setting because one player cant fight against 4 relatively dumb AI's especially if he is new.
      I got 10 countries at war with me and 2 Embargoes, 0 Peace or active players. :) The AI settings are so broken. Because of a recent update, developers wanted to prevent some "lucky" players from having no AI declared war. However, it went wrong and AI declared war too much. Devs say that have a new update to tone it down, I think they were dreaming. It never happened .

      BlazingInfernos wrote:

      6) Units. A average country starts with 62 units in the begining of a tutorial map but all other maps except the historical ones start with 10-20 units. Thus the tutorial feels more of a middle game battle from the start of the game. One can simply not learn about early game tactics from the tutorial games .


      Feel free to Add / Criticize on my thread.
      You start with 20-30 wish unit in normal games not 10-20 units. That is twice the normal clash of nation of it should be 31 in normal games. Noobs need a bit more units to handle the game so yes... also its 2 times speed so you fight faster and generate faster.

      Hope this helps! Ryan
      FORUM GANG General

      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician 3rd Grade
      Forum General
      President Training Alliance United
    • Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      The tutorial isn't really meant to teach you exactly what to do. I suggest checking the in game forums Manuel instead.
      Exactly that's my point. In 1.5 whenever you join a clash of nations you get a popup with a link to the forums. Well One can introduce it into the tutorial games (a link to the manual).

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      I am sorry about that, sometimes we like to hop in 2 times games as well as more starting troop benefits in tutorial games.
      Well 2x speed is fine and all but just put two seperate maps- one with 2x speed and one with a tutorial(maximum joining level barrier recommended) to make the game fair and enjoyable for the new players.

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      That is because 1.5 is still under development and a tutorial pretty much changes every few weeks so it will be pointless to do that until the changes are made. In the meantime, check out the forum pages and the updates.
      Well that is fine. It can work.

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      I got 10 countries at war with me and 2 Embargoes, 0 Peace or active players. The AI settings are so broken. Because of a recent update, developers wanted to prevent some "lucky" players from having no AI declared war. However, it went wrong and AI declared war too much. Devs say that have a new update to tone it down, I think they were dreaming. It never happened .
      You are implementing that there was an 'old' system where AI was not that aggresive. Cool, the devs should just put that system back up for tutorial games until a better solution comes up.

      Ryan04px2025 wrote:

      You start with 20-30 wish unit in normal games not 10-20 units. That is twice the normal clash of nation of it should be 31 in normal games. Noobs need a bit more units to handle the game so yes... also its 2 times speed so you fight faster and generate faster.
      Ok Fair enough.
    • Yes, I agree with the links to the manuals. If you check for some other posts, many of us want 2 times speed games without the tutorial. The "new system" is unplayable in any way so I don't suggest starting a war anytime soon. :(
      FORUM GANG General

      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician 3rd Grade
      Forum General
      President Training Alliance United
    • In regards to the AI behavior, it was a bug that caused AI to like certain players more. When the devs fixed this, all of the countries that hadn’t declared war suddenly did so at the same time. The devs have fixed this, so this sudden rush of declarations won’t happen anymore. This doesn’t mean that AI won’t declare war, just that they all won’t do it at the same time.
      DoctorDR1

      Moderator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh




      "Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

      In regards to the AI behavior, it was a bug that caused AI to like certain players more. When the devs fixed this, all of the countries that hadn’t declared war suddenly did so at the same time. The devs have fixed this, so this sudden rush of declarations won’t happen anymore. This doesn’t mean that AI won’t declare war, just that they all won’t do it at the same time.
      Yes, thank you for the confirmation. However, they did mention toning it down. Did they do that? I think last update caused it to go up and declare war at the same time. Maybe tone the war declaring rate down again.

      Thanks
      FORUM GANG General

      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician 3rd Grade
      Forum General
      President Training Alliance United
    • Yes, it has gone up for you, as you were most likely one of the “lucky” ones, who the AI liked. This means that the AI will declare war on you as intended, as it does for everyone else. This is intended.
      DoctorDR1

      Moderator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh




      "Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

      Yes, it has gone up for you, as you were most likely one of the “lucky” ones, who the AI liked. This means that the AI will declare war on you as intended, as it does for everyone else. This is intended
      Hm.. I was lucky but it gone up whether or not I was lucky
      FORUM GANG General

      Ryan

      EN/ES/FR Forum Member
      Call of War Technician 3rd Grade
      Forum General
      President Training Alliance United