Damage on attack and defence in a stack with more than 10 units in 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Damage on attack and defence in a stack with more than 10 units in 1.5

Hi,

I have a question about how the stacking of units works in 1.5. In the FAQ it says that only the 10 units with the highest damage output actually fight. So what happens if your mixed stack is attacked by a mixed stack?

What if you have 10 infantry together with 10 tank destroyers being hit by an enemy stack with 10 motorised infantry and 10 medium tanks?

The tank destroyers do most damage to the medium tanks and the infantry does most damage to the motorised infantry.
      So what will happen? Will 5 tank destroyers defend against 5 medium tanks and will 5 infantry defend against 5 motorised infantry? Will they choose the highest value and have the full 10 of whichever has the highest attack value attack?
      Does the attack take into account what armour type it is attacking in this calculation?

Basically, how does it work exactly?

Kind regards,

Edepedable
    • Like the question, I've been wondering about this myself. I'll tell you how I think it works based on my experience in game, but I reserve the right to be completely wrong. I write software professionally but I don't work for Bytro.

So for your example, I'll use level 1 axis troops because I'm playing as Axis right now.
      Both armies are 50% Infantry 50% heavy armor
      Each infantry in the defending army is good for 5.3 * .5 (against the motorised) and 1.8 * .5 (against the mediums), their total potential damage is 2.65 + .9 or 3.55.
      Each TD in the defending army is good for 1.2 * .5 (MOT) and 8.7 * .5 (MT), their total potential damage is .6 + 4.35 or 4.95.

I believe the army would inflict approximately 49.5 HP in damage distributed 50/50 among the attacking units, but that's just my best guess based on observations over the last few months.
    • In 1.5 games you can check out the army info (i button) to see how much damage your army deals out.

Basically it uses the 10 strongest values for each category:

Sum of 10 strongest values for attacking unarmored
      Sum of 10 strongest values for defending vs. unarmored
      Sum of 10 strongest values for attacking light armored
      Sum of 10 strongest values for defending vs. light armored
      etc...

If you now attack an army that consists of 80% inf and 20% light armor, then 80% of your attack damage vs. unarmored will be used and 20% of your attack damage vs. light armored. So it depends on the composition of the enemy stack how big of a share of each category is used.
    • freezy wrote:

In 1.5 games you can check out the army info (i button) to see how much damage your army deals out.

Basically it uses the 10 strongest values for each category:

Sum of 10 strongest values for attacking unarmored
      Sum of 10 strongest values for defending vs. unarmored
      Sum of 10 strongest values for attacking light armored
      Sum of 10 strongest values for defending vs. light armored
      etc...

If you now attack an army that consists of 80% inf and 20% light armor, then 80% of your attack damage vs. unarmored will be used and 20% of your attack damage vs. light armored. So it depends on the composition of the enemy stack how big of a share of each category is used.
      Thanks, this helps a lot!
    • Nessuno123 wrote:

wachuwarry.. u can use google translate. i'm a primitive Human, i speak only italian!Italians also read this blog

There's an Italian server for you to use, so why use this one?

Just click on your name on the top bar to open the control panel, then click on Setting > General.

Then switch to Italian, and click submit.
      Images
      • Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 5.09.59 PM.jpg

334.36 kB, 2,080×1,040, viewed 3 times
      • Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 5.13.25 PM.jpg

405.84 kB, 2,034×1,900, viewed 2 times
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!