Silence Means Security

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Silence Means Security

Release Notes - 2020-09-24

Attention, Generals!

In times of war you try to obfuscate your country's true capabilities as well as you can. You hide strategic industries, camouflage your important infrastructure, confuse the enemy wherever you can and censor what newspapers publish!

Today’s release implements a feature in Call of War 1.5 games that mimics this important aspect of World War II. Buildings are now hidden and are only revealed when within vision range of a unit or revealed by a spy.

Scouting becomes more important than ever and your build strategies are no longer visible to everyone on the map. The strategy you follow remains a secret until revealed by your opponent.

Your enemies are in the dark about your machinations! Unfortunately, the reverse applies to you as well.

Please check out the list below for a complete overview of all changes implemented with today’s release.

New Features:
      • Buildings of non-allied players are now hidden in the fog of war.
      • Hidden buildings appear with a question mark icon in the province bar.
      • Buildings are temporarily revealed when a province center is within sight of a unit (inner view range circle).
        • Once a province center is in sight it can take 1 to 3 minutes until the buildings are revealed due to technical constraints.
      • Spies can be used to reveal hidden buildings. This can be done within the espionage menu.
        • Buildings revealed this way remain visible until the next day change.
        • Buildings that are constructed after the spy reveal, stay hidden.
      • The newspaper does not announce constructed or destroyed buildings anymore to keep this information hidden from other players.
      • The province bar on mobile was adjusted accordingly.
        • Tapping on a hidden building icon still displays a popup, but only states that this is an unknown building and that it will only be revealed when the area is within vision.
      • These changes only affect newly created Call of War 1.5 game rounds. Call of War 1.0 game rounds and Call of War 1.5 game rounds created before this update are not affected.
      General:
      • Hit points of an army are now displayed including the first decimal in the army bar to avoid armies having 0 hit points.
      • The tooltip texts for hills and forests when hovering over the icon in the desktop province bar were updated.
      • Several updates were made to improve game performance.
      • An army’s attack timer is now also highlighted when selecting an army.
        • Tapping or clicking the Attack timer highlights the unit too.
      Bug Fixes:
      • Several graphical glitches were removed on the Pacific Conquest map when zoomed out, that made parts of a border being displayed within certain provinces.
      • An issue on mobile devices was fixed that caused the map in a game round to stop responding after a message was sent outside the game round.
      • A bug was fixed on PC that prevented players from scrolling the map when the mouse was hovering left or right of the command buttons of the army bar.
      • An issue in Call of War 1.5 game rounds was resolved that caused the arrow buttons next to the command rose to disappear and thus preventing espionage actions, when a player previously switched between neutral or enemy and their own provinces.
      • A bug was fixed that prevented the terrain bonus values of a unit in the army bar being updated correctly when the unit was upgraded to a higher level and not moved.
      • An issue was resolved that prevented the ranks of some secret units being displayed next to their name in the production menu.
      • A bug on mobile devices was fixed that caused the army selection icon to be displayed too far off flying airplanes when the player activated the “Add army” button.
        • The army selection icon is now displayed closer to flying airplanes.
      • An issue was resolved that caused the Fire at Will icon to be displayed next to unknown armies that were located inside the semi-fog of war.
      • A bug was fixed that caused the last login time of a user being displayed on mobile devices when starting a new conversation.
      We hope you like today’s update and that your scouts and spies are well prepared for their war deciding tasks!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I just noticed something in my current game, though: in every province below 30ish morale it says 'unknown' to the chance of an uprising.
      If this is intended, there's no reason to have chance of an uprising shown anyway.
      Changes are only supposed to be made in 1.5 games but it is the same for 1.0 games. Chances of uprising should normally be shown but really doesn't serve as a purpose. :)

@Arcorian Can you get a tutorial 1.5 game open? I think I can only try that game there. :)
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • freezy wrote:

GeneralAumSum wrote:

wow this will make games longer and harder...
      Or easier. Depends if you are the one who can surprise their enemies using this new feature, or if you are the one being surprised. In any case it certainly adds more depth and strategies.
      If nothing else it makes intelligence more useful. In the current meta I find the cost of spies too high to justify, even reduced to 10k, but without this information it may be the only way to gather information about an opponent's disposition. I think this is a good change, it seemed off that I knew what people across the globe were building. It stands to reason that governments would not advertise their strategic production facilities.
    • It says the update effects newly created 1.0 games and so far i don't see it implemented, kinda annoying but okay, btw can we have the attack bomber in 1.0 games because i'm not really a fan of the 1.5 games just because there's just to many levels of units and structures and the 1.0 is missing attack bombers, can we also have new aircraft models you stopped at ordnance and again that's kinda annoying.
    • Little_Debbie wrote:

It says the update effects newly created 1.0 games and so far i don't see it implemented, kinda annoying but okay, btw can we have the attack bomber in 1.0 games because i'm not really a fan of the 1.5 games just because there's just to many levels of units and structures and the 1.0 is missing attack bombers, can we also have new aircraft models you stopped at ordnance and again that's kinda annoying.
      Hm maybe you have misread it, it was never supposed to come to CoW1.0.

The text states:
      "These changes only affect newly created Call of War 1.5 game rounds. Call of War 1.0 game rounds and Call of War 1.5 game rounds created before this update are not affected."

It is also not planned to bring other CoW1.5 features or units to CoW1.0.

More models for units are a possibility for the future, cant give a definitive answer right now.