Ahistorical Railguns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ahistorical Railguns

Railroad guns are being way over-used, tend to dominate, and are very ahistorical.

Please could Bytro tone them down somewhat. My suggestions and any one or more would help are:

• Put the research opportunity later in the game
      • Make them more expensive to build and/or extend build time
      • Limit a player to only having a maximum of say 3 at any one time
      • and my favourite, only let them be built in cities with infastructure at say level 3, and travel through provinces with infrastructure at say Level 2, i.e actually have rail tracks laid.
      What do you think?
    • No need at all. My reaction to seeing an enemy build railroad guns is the same as to one building militia: "Heh, this is going to be an easy win". They are way to immobile to be actually useful: air, missiles, or a determined light tank rush will take them out easily.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Interesting. I agree that they have been made a stronger part of the arsenal in the 1.5 version, especially since the SBDE is now 10 for them vs. the two in the older version.

I think the suggestions related to pushing the research option out a few days, increasing cost of production and extending their build time will definitely slow down their usage.

With the advent of how they calculate hitpoints to a cumulative model, 10 railguns can have a devastating impact on just about any stack of troops in its path.
    • Maybe in Rokpossovski's world he doesn't care, but there are a whole load of us that DO. This game is getting more realistic as time goes by, with 1.5 being a whole leap forward. But the railroad gun is one thing going the other way. I am trying to think what railroad guns were used for in 'real' WW2 and at the moment all I can think of is a few shells lobbed over the Dover straits from the Calais region, plus being used (again not wholly usefully) at various sieges, Leningrad, and maybe Sebastopol come to mind.