Veterancy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For some context I was playing a game called Company of Heroes 2 and right after my game finished I checked Call of War. Then I thought of something, a unit veterancy system. Maybe after a single unit gets 1 kill it gets 1 percent more damage then 2 kills for 2 percent, 3 kills for 3 percent, all the way up to 5. Then if a single unit gets 10 or maybe 15 kills it gets a 10 percent damage boost. I think this system could improve strategy by rewarding players who preserve their units and take minimum casualties. It would also improve solo play because solo players could better overcome the large waves of enemies they'll have to fight from full coalitions by using a well balanced and experienced army. You may be thinking that if you stack units you could get an easy damage boost But I don't think that's the case because if you have a stack of lets say 10 battleships with 59 kills if you take one battleship out it will have its own number of kills. Therefore the game could calculate how much kills each single unit has and apply the veterancy to each unit.

So yeah that's my idea thanks for reading.
    • Good on paper but would there be an overall cap on this advantage?
      If not.
      Atillery can rack up some serious kills quickly may become to over powered in late game Personally i have had units with over 100 kills if they kept getting boosted any new unit that somes into range will be annialited.
      There would also be an issue about leveling up as units in the older version loose all kills once they level up(In 1.5 i dont think they disappear).
    • Brisaac wrote:

Good on paper but would there be an overall cap on this advantage?
      If not.
      Atillery can rack up some serious kills quickly may become to over powered in late game Personally i have had units with over 100 kills if they kept getting boosted any new unit that somes into range will be annialited.
      There would also be an issue about leveling up as units in the older version loose all kills once they level up(In 1.5 i dont think they disappear).
      With exceptions to any ranged unit/air unit/naval unit/RRG. :)
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader
    • I do like this in concept, as long as there is a relatively low cap on it. I wouldn't want the bonus to exceed 10% or so. You are correct that this does reward the strategic player and makes solo games easier. It does add an element of realism too.

Perhaps you could also add, as a separate bonus, either with Veterancy or in place of it, the option to increase unit production time to give the unit extra training, giving it a bonus, again with a low cap. This would allow units to be more efficient with the same upkeep costs and would reward the economical player.