Cominetern Interceptor skin update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cominetern Interceptor skin update

You may have heard this before, but the new Comintern interceptor skin should be revamped. For some reason this mildly infuriates me and so I want to suggest it to be changed.

Why? Well look at all the other interceptors; they are all modelled after fighters that featured in ww2 from each faction. They look exactly as if they would fit into the skies of ww2 - and then there's the Comintern interceptor.

To be brutally honest, it looks extremely outdated - as if the Soviets were still using planes from ww1. This is where I'm pointing out the flaw. If you even look at the historical images featured in each of the interceptors' levels, there is only one plane that looks like the one featured in the model skin. All others look like modern (for their time) fighters that the Soviets used in ww2.

In the old update, the comintern interceptor skin was correct and looked like a fighter from ww2. So I wonder why the design team decided to change the model to what it is now? Anyways, all I'm trying to say is that the skin for the interceptor should be remade to imitate a fighter such as the Yakolev Yak-9, which was used during ww2.
      - Cardinal S
    • Hi, the Comintern fighter skin is related to these models:
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_I-15
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polikarpov_I-153

These bi-planes were developed shortly before WW2 and were actually used in WW2. They were one of the major fighter types of the Soviets in the early war.

To quote Wikipedia here, for some history:
      "In 1937, the Polikarpov design bureau carried out studies to improve on the performance of its I-15 and I-15bis biplane fighters without sacrificing manoeuvrability, as Soviet tactical doctrine was based on a mix of high performance monoplane fighters (met by the Polikarpov I-16) and agile biplanes. Early combat experience from the Spanish Civil War had shown that the I-16 had problems dealing with the Fiat CR.32 biplanes used by the Italian forces supporting the Nationalists, which suggested a need to continue the use of biplane fighters, and as a result, Polikarpov's proposals were accepted, and his design bureau was instructed to design a new biplane fighter."

So yeah since we had the opportunity we featured these agile biplanes for the early Interceptor levels to create a nice contrast to the model that we plan for the later Interceptor levels, which then feature a monoplane. So you actually get some nice progression when you level up your planes. No ETA yet when these lategame skins will come though.
    • freezy wrote:

So yeah since we had the opportunity we featured these agile biplanes for the early Interceptor levels
      Oh yeah that's a good idea. So what you mean is that the biplanes are featured for early levels and the more advanced planes are featured in the later levels. That is a good idea, and it would add the realism of progression.

Which brings me to the second question - when will the aerial units' skins get updated?
      - Cardinal S