Selectable Doctrines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Selectable Doctrines

Sorry if this has been suggested before but I went back a few pages and didn't see a thread on it.

I think, especially for the 100 player maps, that doctrines should be user selectable. This would not make sense for historical games but it would be great for the overall competitive gameplay that the 100 player games turn into. I have read in other threads that the devs do pay attention to the win statistics and which doctrine they are, but currently that could also have geographical starting location influence and you may get a more accurate sample with users choosing which doctrines they feel are best for future balancing statistics.
    • This has been suggested before. The reason it hasn’t been implemented is this:

For example, let's say Country B has the Allies doctrine, and Country A, who is AI, has Comintern. Country B and Country A go to war, and Country B decides to mass produce weak units to overwhelm Country A, as Comintern countries have cheaper production, but they are weaker. Suddenly, a player joins and chooses country A, and switches to the Axis doctrine. They have produced many troops, because they are cheap, but they were previously weak. Now, they have become powerful, as that is the Axis doctrine strength. Country B will stand no chance.

As you can see, it is more fair to have fixed doctrines.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • That seems easy to solve as a doctrine could only be selected by the first joining player who is joining a round on day 1, AI, at least from what I have seen do not have a great variety to their build and aggressiveness. Even so a neutral build path for AI for Day 1 only would be a relatively simple and straight forward solution to that issue.

In all of the games i have been a part of it is very unlikely that anyone joins after a day 1 of a round.
    • Games can be joined for roughly 7 days, and in some language servers it is not uncommon for some maps to get new players joined after day 1.

It is a possibility for the future to do this feature but we won't do it in the near future as several problems would have to be solved first, one of them mentioned in this thread. It is not as straight forward and easy as it appears.

There is also the issue that for as many players who would love this feature, there may be equally as many that are put off when they see USA using Comintern Dotrine, or Germany using Pan-asian doctrine.