New Point System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• There wasn't really any big difference.

The only change was that a new thread instead of 1 point has given 2 points and dislikes (which are disabled) did remové 1 point.

Main difference was just adding the ranks to it... and assign them an amount of points.
      Saludos Cordiales, / Liebe Grüße, / Sincerely,

-= BenjB =-
    • BenjB wrote:

There wasn't really any big difference.

The only change was that a new thread instead of 1 point has given 2 points and dislikes (which are disabled) did remové 1 point.

Main difference was just adding the ranks to it... and assign them an amount of points.

I understand there was no difference, but before it made us look much more active :P
      It's been a while
    • As I stated in a different thread:

The whole point system appeared to have become bugged at some point. Even given the old point system, where a Thead was worth 2 points, some players had amounts of points, that did not add up.

Usually it is necessary, to sync the points regularly, when changes are made, etc. After all a thread could become deleted, disliked, moved to the archive (where no points are awarded, since only spam/bad posts go there), etc. All this does have influence on the points of course. It appears that with the time, there have been accumulated points, for such threads, posts etc.

So when - after lowering the thread points from 2 to 1 - ran the maintenance, which actualized all points, counters, etc. the points were finally compared to the actual amount of likes, threads, posts, etc. and adjusted automatically.

As for the activity :) We do have a very active community with about 20 - 50 new threads a day and about 100 - 200 posts. That's not too bad and the points that have been gone, will quickly be readded - in a correct way, so that it does look right. :P

Actually I got notified about it by players, who had noticed that their own Rank as well as ranks of other people were way too high. :)

Now something new would be to look into how to add some benefits to the ranks. :P So that it is worth something after all. I do have some ideas, but that's all I will be telling for now.... Soon is xmas and stuff you know...
      Saludos Cordiales, / Liebe Grüße, / Sincerely,

-= BenjB =-
    • BenjB wrote:

Now something new would be to look into how to add some benefits to the ranks. So that it is worth something after all. I do have some ideas, but that's all I will be telling for now.... Soon is xmas and stuff you know...
      That would be cool. And yes, it is fine to talk about Christmas now, because Thanksgiving already passed. :P
      It's been a while