Evolved Infantry Upgrades?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Evolved Infantry Upgrades?

I am not sure if you have already ruled this out but I will say it anyways.

Say you have a infantry unit that's level 4 Infantry. You have researched level 2 Motorized Infantry and level 5 infantry. You click on the upgrade button and instead of the Upgrade or Cancel button you are first greeted with a option for Lvl 5 infantry or lvl 2 motorized infantry.

This idea can also work with ether Motorized Infantry to Mechanized infantry or Artillery to SP Artillery.

But of course there has to be a higher cost to upgrade than regular upgrades otherwise it would be a cheaper cost than to just produce the actual unit. The Cost of the upgrade would be ether 5% or 10% off to make it kinda worth upgrading. And this would stop a loop hole because over all it would take more time and resources to produce and then upgrade.

Now the last question would be is it WWII. I would say it is because if your army of tanks is getting faster and leaving you infantry behind the infantry would be as good as militia. But in real life you would assume that the Infantry would get a upgrade or a form of transport to keep up. At least that's what I think.

So is this possible or even plausible?
      "Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives,but brains saves both." -Erwin Rommel