How do I defend against an overwhelming enemy blitzkrieg?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am playing as Communist China, I had a line of defense on my border, but I wasn’t expecting an attack so soon since I had signed a non aggression pact with his coalition

The ones invading me are Sichuan and Central China. I am now withdrawing my only intact division to Japan. My Russian allies helped me for a while but now they are withdrawing their armies back to their lands and one guy even left my coalition. I have asked for help from the American nations but they said they will take time to mobilize their forces and Washington agreed to establish a base in Japan and help me
      Images
      • EF558261-54EF-4278-85BD-32EDA1B698CB.jpeg

358.86 kB, 1,280×816, viewed 9 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by Napoleon~Reborn ().

• Napoleon~Reborn wrote:

No, I managed to get funds from all the other countries to fortify my Japanese base and I
      launched an attack to disrupt the enemy and capture their capital to lower their morale.
      Doing guerrilla tactics can be helpful to help out your coalition to make a difference and perhaps get back in the fight. If your core is lost though and that situation is not something you can change, winning is no longer an option.
      I personally only do guerrilla if I have a decent force left that can defend itself from all threats, so it can fight air, armour, infantry and at range effectively. If this is not the case there is little fun or utility to be had.
      If you coalition dropped you then there is no need to assist them further, you could even punish them and try to kill them.

You can not win them all, its usually more fun to find a new map. Not every situation can be recovered from sadly.

Also, retreating to Japan does nothing for you, you have no core provinces there to rebuild. Also, retreating over water is incredibly dangerous. You turn 30+ hp units into 10 hp units that can not fight back. And to do damage at all you first have to get back after.

All that being said, I do think its absolutely awesome that you managed to capture on of their capitols. Next time do that before you lose your core ;)