Gold usage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi all,
      Im in a game cow1.5, 12+ hours in day 9.
      At the begining of day 9 there was an article of world mightiest armies. One player was’n on it.
      12+ hours later he has biggest armie and is invincible.
      things i seen are:
      stack of 35 ships,
      stack of 20 rocket fighters,
      2 stacks of 40+ various land units...

Other players also report large stacks of units.

I understand that the company making this game needs to make money.
      And I dont mind ppl spending their money on this game should have an advantage.
      But this is ridicolous as the guys is only limited by how fast he buys resources and how fast he can click on speed up production.
      The only thing you can do is to spend even more gold.
      Something needs to be done about this as this is ruining game for many more players.

Would like to hear the position of the devs about this.
    • Unfortunately you are not likely to get a response from the devs. There are a number of fan boys who will gladly jump you for asking for limitations of gold usage, though.

A simple way to avoid game wrecking gold usage while keeping the money flowing to Bytro, would be to introduce a daily limit of gold usage. Like 50.000.

I already suggested this before, but as I said, it does nothing but bring out patronizing haters.
    • bucewni wrote:

Hi all,
      Im in a game cow1.5, 12+ hours in day 9.
      At the begining of day 9 there was an article of world mightiest armies. One player was’n on it.
      12+ hours later he has biggest armie and is invincible.
      things i seen are:
      stack of 35 ships,
      stack of 20 rocket fighters,
      2 stacks of 40+ various land units...

Other players also report large stacks of units.

I understand that the company making this game needs to make money.
      And I dont mind ppl spending their money on this game should have an advantage.
      But this is ridicolous as the guys is only limited by how fast he buys resources and how fast he can click on speed up production.
      The only thing you can do is to spend even more gold.
      Something needs to be done about this as this is ruining game for many more players.

Would like to hear the position of the devs about this.
      You are not the first one to bring this up, however it is the system Bytro chose for making money on this game.
      Try not to see it as a hopeless thing, see it as someone paying money so that you can play a game you like for free.

My advise to you is to fight this player with other players on the map which can be organised through diplomacy. Even gold is a resource that people can run out of.
      Just because someone uses gold does not mean they are invincible by default. Also, you learn a LOT from fighting someone that uses gold. How to make them lose more than you for example which is what makes you win games.

Don't give up and good luck!
    • As i said on begining of day 9 there was an articla about armies strenght. he was nowhere on it.
      Day 12 just started and just take a look at todays article (attached screen shot)
      Because of this i will never spend a dime on this game and as soon as my 2 other games are finished will delete the app.
      I dont mind ppl having benefit from using gold, but to just spawn troops in few minutes, while you need to wait hours to train them + hours to get them to front.
      Easy and kinda fair would be something like spend gold your troops get 50% faster trained, but not spawn them immediately in the same town, and not just 1 but 20-30-40....
      Images
      • BD1756BC-4E25-422A-AF7E-EC1E9C63CA49.jpeg

241.79 kB, 750×1,283, viewed 6 times
    • yeah the gold users are acctualy a real pain to deal with since they spam out troops quicker then you can get to the front line (i didnt know what to compare it to), and the dev team should find a solution to this problem, but since they need to make money to ceep this web up and ceep having the devs/staff working on updates for this web/app game. it reminds me of a problem that is in another game i play where its baicly pay2win but this game isnt really as bad as it (atleast not yet). sure the gold players are destrying the fun but thats sadly life, and besides the gold players are the ones ceeping this game up for us they pay for almost everything i think thereofore the game will probrably not fix the gold spamer issue at all since they want that fat stacks of cash, a good way to counter them is to attack them early but if they spit out units instanly try to ally them in a team, if you cant beat em join em (not saying you need to pay as mutch)

im just rambeling rn i think haha so ill just end it here
      only the dead has seen the end of war
    • Yes company needs to earn money.
      More players = more money
      But in order to have more players you need to balance it in a way that all can have fun.
      It is not the case now as this is p2w in the extremes.
      Players dont like that, and the player base shows it. Forum is the good indicator of a player base. When you see only a few post daily and max 2-3 users browsing it its all clear.
      What are all the benefits of gold:
      morale boost = more resources = more troops,
      instant construction,
      instant unit production,
      unit healing.
      Each of those is OP. All thogether is god like.
      The game im playing 2 in my coalition imediately quit, me and another one evacuated South america continent, not giving fights and fun to the gold user.
      Today after this article
      more ppl anounced they will quit.
      How much fun will the gold user have having spent all that gold to fight AI?
      After few such games do tou think he will keep spending?
      How many ppl will get frustrated with the game and such system and either quit playing or never buying gold as there is no point, someone will always outspend you.

... I alredy decided to quit playing this game dont know why i bother.
    • bucewni wrote:

Yes company needs to earn money.
      More players = more money
      But in order to have more players you need to balance it in a way that all can have fun.
      It is not the case now as this is p2w in the extremes.
      Players dont like that, and the player base shows it. Forum is the good indicator of a player base. When you see only a few post daily and max 2-3 users browsing it its all clear.
      What are all the benefits of gold:
      morale boost = more resources = more troops,
      instant construction,
      instant unit production,
      unit healing.
      Each of those is OP. All thogether is god like.
      The game im playing 2 in my coalition imediately quit, me and another one evacuated South america continent, not giving fights and fun to the gold user.
      Today after this article
      more ppl anounced they will quit.
      How much fun will the gold user have having spent all that gold to fight AI?
      After few such games do tou think he will keep spending?
      How many ppl will get frustrated with the game and such system and either quit playing or never buying gold as there is no point, someone will always outspend you.

... I alredy decided to quit playing this game dont know why i bother.
      Well as for a money making system I can only think of one other solution. That would be that getting high command would allow to play games without gold use. Meaning you would have to pay to play without gold. So far though, that has not been done.

I am pretty sure it is from a business standpoint, I am sure have their reason to do things this way. There are good sides to it though. Players can play for free and other players that like to spend on gold and win that way basically also pay for the ones that don't pay and keep the game up for everyone.

Our of 38 maps I have played I think I can remember only 2 maps with people that used so much gold that I could not win by using superior tactics. Many more times (I can remember at least 4) my superior tactics still won me the game despite their use of a lot of gold. A lot of gold meaning that divisions of 20-40 just grow out of the ground like you described.

All in all, I do not think thats bad for a free to play game. In the beginning though it was harder to cope with gold use because I did not know the game very well yet. Nowadays it has become a challenge to me, beating someone that you know spend gold gives a lot of satisfaction.

I do wonder though if it's fun for them. If you spend money on a map, like 20 euros or something and you then do not even win the map I could also see that being frustrating. So yeah I do not think that Bytro will revise their way of making money on the game to also keep the game up because so far they have not. I do think it is part of what is holding the game back to really becoming well received by the major public though. Who knows what the future brings!
    • Well as for a money making system I can only think of one other solution. That would be that getting high command would allow to play games without gold use. Meaning you would have to pay to play without gold. So far though, that has not been done.

That is never going to happen.

Any feasible solution to this will have to be something that allows gold usage in all games. Or else there will be real money lost.

I have encountered the gold-spammers too (not to be confused with gold users, which are to some extend OK IMO). It does make games absurdly skewed when somebody invades a town, instantly build 5 levels of tank factory and instantly builds 10 heavy tanks. Then on to next city, repeat. Intercepted aircrafts are healed immediatly in midair to complete their airstrike at full health, nuke bombers appear at the first day of the tech and 5 AA pop up right before a target is going to be hit. Etc.

This is the kind of behavior Bytro should have the decency to curtail. Keep your money, but also keep the respect of loyal players, Bytro?