Movement and Infrastructure with some unit suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Movement and Infrastructure with some unit suggestions

Well how do tanks move in mountains without roads ? How do 'RailRoad' guns move without railroads.

With the onset of the new 1.5 mode, I would like to suggest a few things.
      -Make is so that tanks and other motorised units (convoys, self propelled units, mot and mech inf) cannot move without infrastructure in hills and mountains.(UPDATE. They have very low speed like 5 speed.)
      -Make it so that railroad guns cannot move without lvl3 infrastructure.
      -Introduce levels of road convoys just like water convoys. If water convoys can upgrade their engine why cant road convoys ?
      -Adding embark and disembark time for land convoys(planes,rockets) like water convoys.

Advantages of the supposed update
      -Less spamming of the stack containing 10 aa 10 at and 10 rrg's.
      -Historical accuracy as people will have to think twice before spamming tanks as one will have to build infra before moving also increasing amount of infantary used.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BlazingInfernos ().

• MadMike69 wrote:

The first major flaw with this is, when invading and enemy mountain province.
      You built this loverly level3 infrastucture right up to the enemy boarder and then can't go no further because you can't move your units to capture it.
      I would rather use infantary and commandoes in attacking mountain provinces because tanks wont work there.

Edited my post according to your suggession.
    • BlazingInfernos wrote:

Well how do tanks move in mountains without roads ? How do 'RailRoad' guns move without railroads.

With the onset of the new 1.5 mode, I would like to suggest a few things.
      -Make is so that tanks and other motorised units (convoys, self propelled units, mot and mech inf) cannot move without infrastructure in hills and mountains.(UPDATE. They have very low speed like 5 speed.)
      -Make it so that railroad guns cannot move without lvl3 infrastructure.
      -Introduce levels of road convoys just like water convoys. If water convoys can upgrade their engine why cant road convoys ?
      -Adding embark and disembark time for land convoys(planes,rockets) like water convoys.

Advantages of the supposed update
      -Less spamming of the stack containing 10 aa 10 at and 10 rrg's.
      -Historical accuracy as people will have to think twice before spamming tanks as one will have to build infra before moving also increasing amount of infantary used.
      I would not call tanks needing roads to move around historically accurate. The whole reason they have tracks is to cross open country without roads and such.

I do like the suggestion for the railroad guns though it would be a MAJOR nerf. In that case it is historically accurate that you need good infrastructure to move them around.

I really do not think many players that like using railroad guns will be happy only being able to use them in provinces with infrastructure, let alone tanks and anything else with wheels. I am playing a world map right now and having to build infrastructure everywhere I go is kinda impossible. Even though I am top dog at the moment with an economy of 756.000 I do not think that I can build infrastructure in all my provinces anytime soon, not even level 1. Making them cheaper would affect the balancing of the game though which at the moment is quite refined.

Maybe it could be a historical map special feature or something for the railroad guns :P

The post was edited 1 time, last by Edepedable ().

• Roads and railroads already existed in the world by 1939. The construction of infrastructure simulates improvements to existing roads and railways. It does not indicate carving a new path through unexplored wilderness.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<