Resource/Unit Balance 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Resource/Unit Balance 1.5

As I'm sure many people have noticed, there is some big issues pertaining to the cost of buildings/Units and the output of resources. As of now everything is too expensive to produce because our resource output is insanely low. I should not have to wait 3 days to build 5 light tanks or to build 1 industrial complex in a city while in 1.0 everybody could immediately start production on multiple buildings and have all cities producing units daily without fear of running out of everything for a few days. I feel very restricted in what I can do with the resources being put out even when I have level 3 industrial sites in most of my cities. So far I've only been able to build 5 anti tank guns after 2 days of waiting and only 1-2 planes if I haven't built anything else.

My Suggestion would be to increase the output of resources and decrease building/unit costs back to 1.0 standards so people can actually do the things they want to do without immediately emptying their reserves and having to wait literal days to get it back up to a useable level.
    • If the resources production it's increased estrategic desitions will be no longer requiered, just spam the strongest unit avaliable.

I think resources are ok right now, not too low allowing you do something every 2 hrs, and not too high, so you have to choose wisely how invest and distribute the resources.
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • The amount of units one can produce in CoW1.0 and CoW1.5 is not that different. It may only appear this way because prodution times are much faster, meaning a player cannot constantly keep all production lines busy anymore without running out of resources. It is up to the player to plan ahead and also improve his economy to be able to build more units. But overall the number of units one can build is nearly the same.

Btw. with standard resource production at the beginning of the game and considering the first level Light Tanks, you can build alot more than 5 LTs in 3 days. Just compare the hourly production values with the unit production costs. On higher levels costs go up of course but until then the player is expected to also have improved the economy and to have conquered more territory.