Cannot Patrol attack Stealth Units in 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cannot Patrol attack Stealth Units in 1.5

What is this about?
      You spot a stealth unit (like a militia in an urban area or forest). Even can be involved in combat (and so theoretically no longer in stealth according to the description of stealth), and you want to patrol attack it with Tacs - no damage results - you HAVE to do a direct strike. I have to think this is a bug - I reported it but all that was said was that oh yes this is what happens - not really acceptable TBH
    • Thanks for the report. The problem is a bit tricky to solve due to how our engine works. Armies know if they can see another army or not on an individual basis. Meaning even if you as a player see the stealth unit an army might not see this unit if it does not have a scout unit in it. This leads to armies not attacking uncovered stealth units automatically, only doing that when receiving an attack command. We documented that problem and are perhaps able to fix it in the future.

When you don't want to do a direct attack there is a workaround: Put an Interceptor into the same army. Interceptors reveal land based stealth units and allow the whole army (also your tactical bombers) to attack them via patroling.
    • I can see the work around should work - the problem is usually a range thing - often you are patrolling at extreme Tac range and of course, an Int has a shorter range so would not be able to help. Frankly, as soon as a unit is visible, it should be able to be attacked by all valid units (if you can direct strike it, patrol attacks should also work)