Strategy for Naval Battles and Land Invasion (by me)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GrandEmpire wrote:

you are VERY ignorant. my advice is NOT useless at all, since it has been PROVEN. as for indoa and persia with USSR, why, you ignorant know-it-all, i beat them at the same time as being attacked by Italy, Germany, UK and Japan, all active. my forum account was created recently, but ive been playing CoW for nearly a year and have fought in +120 games. so please stop thinking yourself a god.
      Oh yes. And which account is that ? How many victories out of those 120 games ?

I don't see myself as a God or a know-it-all. You are the know-it-all who claims he is "somewhat of a strategic expert". As for me, I see myself as a good player but not an expert, and there are some fields where I know I am lacking (typically industry building optimization)

As for your looonnng text about advice in defense and counter-attack, I read it, it is terrible from start to finish both in the general vision and the specifics.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chimere ().

• Keep it clean guys, keep in mind that you do not know who is on the other side of the screen.

Could be a young person, old person, super smart person or someone that is gifted in other ways. No way to tell, only thing that is sure is that someone is passionate enough about the game to be active on the forum. That always deserves some appreciation.
    • I did not insult him. i just pointed out his ignorance (NOT an insult.) i am willing to apologize though. each to their own, agree to disagree :)
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Edepedable wrote:

Keep it clean guys, keep in mind that you do not know who is on the other side of the screen.

Could be a young person, old person, super smart person or someone that is gifted in other ways. No way to tell, only thing that is sure is that someone is passionate enough about the game to be active on the forum. That always deserves some appreciation.
      *clap clap*
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Please be advised of Early game strategy...this is just another take on how to make a hard game...

LINK PROVIDED

Strategy: Early Game

Infantry: A wise decision, because you have them already, terrain objectives, and city control. Be careful of going too hard with infantry; I lost over 120 infantry (no coin) with a South America coalition, fighting a North USA coalition and I was in shock & oar. Last time I ever go worst with an infantry movement.
      Militia are descent, especially with the %75 bonus defence on hills. Militia have been mentioned a number of times and should remain concurrent that they best accompany anti tank and anti air equipment.

Armour: Also as mid game choice, this movement best corresponds with a stronger coalition. Light Armour is tactful and may also be useful in unit stacks, rather than timely upgrades for anti tank equipment, why not just continue more light tanks, they can always branch out and decrease fog of war. A strong sized force of light tanks will be much more in its ability upon a large geographical game-plan.
      Medium tanks are the way to go, taking a lot more hit points, not as slow as heavy tanks, reliable with some SP anti air. depending on game plan, medium armour can be easier to maintain with air to air cover and with militia movements so as to hold ground.

Artillery: Early game construction should include at least one infrastructure, use this immediately for an artillery unit or an armoured, depending on coalition type.
      SP artillery is really really good for mid game, to mostly benefit this move start research asap, otherwise they can be quite useful on ALL COUNTRIES; ALL IN. In this event it is that collective artillery can maintain a formidable defence beneficial to small and medium nations, especially if these types are attempting to expand.

Anti air: Great movement to ensure for mid game, can save you a bucket load of oil depending on nation type, using these with coalition is strongly advised, they are good in support and are deadly in defence. SP anti air are ruthless in a mid game if you gain advantage. As end game units they are lesser in effect but are able to hold city grounds none the less.

Naval: First of all I will give a big thumbs up to submarines, these units are really good on terms of resources and can absolutely devastate an enemy incursion.
      To be sure, I will maintain my favourite unit for early game developments and enjoy the destroyer movements; a) These are able to hold an anti air move (stay with upgrades ), b) They are just faster, so scout the enemy without fear of submarines, and c) Just a few of these (2-3) can hold out on a cruiser ship movement and only require a level 1 Naval base, recommended for nation states attached to landlocked countries with lesser Naval opportunity.
      Battleships are always best, good with anti air capabilities, if you are planning a Naval strategy then get going with these asap because they devastate whence they are upgraded. To play out Nuclear battleships might likely be a great end gamer but these will only burden the necessary upgrades for a players strong oil economy...also that they have lesser anti air....Having put all this forward...it is that Subs and destroyers are best early gamerz, about 1 destroyer to 6 subs is best...

Air: Here is an interesting one, I have noticed quite a few ambiguities and certain changes here. So I will put this blatantly; air needs to be accounted for on any terrain type...so...there is no use telling all your buddies how to maintain a successful air control and not realise the game changes, then so does the terrain...right...and then of course there are those that tell you to place groups of 3, 5 and 7 to hover about and destroy enemy movements, yes...this can work quite well, especially with good correspondence, until there is a big stack of anti air to blow you away... So really, the best way is to be %100 for sure, and send in the hardest best strike to overwhelm an enemy movement.........right.....so then.......if an ally, or ones own units are getting artillery bombarded, then you want those SOBs wiped out asap.....do this immediately......GET SOME (military score).

Special: There is no real easy way to put this, when it comes to early game special, the universal answer will be rail gun...no matter where your nation is, this is the best option if you can get away with it. Otherwise, get with Nuclear research asap, especially if any coalition type will allow for this.

be in mind that this post is general output only and was by interest to COW players for strategy thinking, not specific conditions that are yours alone...buddy...please, there was no meaning of being correct or incorrect to this forum post
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

I did not insult him. i just pointed out his ignorance (NOT an insult.) i am willing to apologize though. each to their own, agree to disagree :)
      You may not think it is an insult to call someone ignorant, but it is. This isn't up for debate. You can either be polite, or I can close the thread. It's your choice.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • bigboss_ironfist wrote:

Please be advised of Early game strategy...this is just another take on how to make a hard game...

LINK PROVIDED

Strategy: Early Game

Infantry: A wise decision, because you have them already, terrain objectives, and city control. Be careful of going too hard with infantry; I lost over 120 infantry (no coin) with a South America coalition, fighting a North USA coalition and I was in shock & oar. Last time I ever go worst with an infantry movement.
      Militia are descent, especially with the %75 bonus defence on hills. Militia have been mentioned a number of times and should remain concurrent that they best accompany anti tank and anti air equipment.

Armour: Also as mid game choice, this movement best corresponds with a stronger coalition. Light Armour is tactful and may also be useful in unit stacks, rather than timely upgrades for anti tank equipment, why not just continue more light tanks, they can always branch out and decrease fog of war. A strong sized force of light tanks will be much more in its ability upon a large geographical game-plan.
      Medium tanks are the way to go, taking a lot more hit points, not as slow as heavy tanks, reliable with some SP anti air. depending on game plan, medium armour can be easier to maintain with air to air cover and with militia movements so as to hold ground.

Artillery: Early game construction should include at least one infrastructure, use this immediately for an artillery unit or an armoured, depending on coalition type.
      SP artillery is really really good for mid game, to mostly benefit this move start research asap, otherwise they can be quite useful on ALL COUNTRIES; ALL IN. In this event it is that collective artillery can maintain a formidable defence beneficial to small and medium nations, especially if these types are attempting to expand.

Anti air: Great movement to ensure for mid game, can save you a bucket load of oil depending on nation type, using these with coalition is strongly advised, they are good in support and are deadly in defence. SP anti air are ruthless in a mid game if you gain advantage. As end game units they are lesser in effect but are able to hold city grounds none the less.

Naval: First of all I will give a big thumbs up to submarines, these units are really good on terms of resources and can absolutely devastate an enemy incursion.
      To be sure, I will maintain my favourite unit for early game developments and enjoy the destroyer movements; a) These are able to hold an anti air move (stay with upgrades ), b) They are just faster, so scout the enemy without fear of submarines, and c) Just a few of these (2-3) can hold out on a cruiser ship movement and only require a level 1 Naval base, recommended for nation states attached to landlocked countries with lesser Naval opportunity.
      Battleships are always best, good with anti air capabilities, if you are planning a Naval strategy then get going with these asap because they devastate whence they are upgraded. To play out Nuclear battleships might likely be a great end gamer but these will only burden the necessary upgrades for a players strong oil economy...also that they have lesser anti air....Having put all this forward...it is that Subs and destroyers are best early gamerz, about 1 destroyer to 6 subs is best...

Air: Here is an interesting one, I have noticed quite a few ambiguities and certain changes here. So I will put this blatantly; air needs to be accounted for on any terrain type...so...there is no use telling all your buddies how to maintain a successful air control and not realise the game changes, then so does the terrain...right...and then of course there are those that tell you to place groups of 3, 5 and 7 to hover about and destroy enemy movements, yes...this can work quite well, especially with good correspondence, until there is a big stack of anti air to blow you away... So really, the best way is to be %100 for sure, and send in the hardest best strike to overwhelm an enemy movement.........right.....so then.......if an ally, or ones own units are getting artillery bombarded, then you want those SOBs wiped out asap.....do this immediately......GET SOME (military score).

Special: There is no real easy way to put this, when it comes to early game special, the universal answer will be rail gun...no matter where your nation is, this is the best option if you can get away with it. Otherwise, get with Nuclear research asap, especially if any coalition type will allow for this.

be in mind that this post is general output only and was by interest to COW players for strategy thinking, not specific conditions that are yours alone...buddy...please, there was no meaning of being correct or incorrect to this forum post
      Infantry : Between infantry and militia, I advise to pick one (in general infantry, but may depend, in particular on how fast you move to motorized/mechanized) and to research and build this one.
      This said, having level 1 infantry researched is super cheap and allows you to quickly churn HP somewhere. Militia in 1.0 is the fastest HP per hour in terms of units, so if you need to quickly reinforce a defensive stack they are useful. Not worth researching further IMO if you go for infantry

Armor : I don't always go Light tanks. If it is mostly plains or I have a lot of oil I will use them, else I ll use Armored Cars instead. Medium tanks are so much better for the price, and I prefer Armored cars (not researched much) for scouting and capturing. I usually put 1 AC in all my armored stacks for that purpose.

Artillery : Fully agree. Definitely king of the battlefield. I like to upgrade to SP Artillery as soon as possible, as it has twice the HP and its speed allows it to kite the enemy.

Anti-air : Fully agree. By mid game end game, my main stacks always have 6 to 10 anti-air (either SP or not SP)

Naval : I try to quickly churn out 1 submarine early games if I am coastal, because there is often a jester to try to pull an early landing if he does not see any ship. Once I got some 7 or 8 Finnish infantry as Northern Russia this way, basically winning the war by early day 2.
      After that, just like you I tend to prefer destroyers. Cruisers vs Battleships will depend on whether the other side went for naval bombers or not, in some cases I need both.

Special : I find early RR to really cripple your development due to the huge steel price, though by mid-game or end game they are pretty nice to force the enemy to expend his air force trying to attack your (well-defended by AA) RR guns.
      Not a fan of anything atomic. Missiles miss moving targets, planes are shot down on approach.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chimere ().

• alright, i already apologized

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength