1.5 Paratrooper Change mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1.5 Paratrooper Change mode

This is great, paratroops can change mode from "flight" to ground" and vice versa.
      PLEASE add functionality to halt the changeover ie use the "Cancel all orders for the army" button to stop the mode change if you want to. I made a mistake to change "flight" capable paratroops to "ground" mode when I did not want to but the process just carries on (then to rub salt into the wound, you have to pay resources to get back to "flight" mode). If you are cancelling a change to "flight" mode you should get your resources back (just like when you cancel production of a unit).
    • Currently canceling is not supported. We want to prevent any fake-outs by people canceling conversions the last second before an enemy arrives and stuff like that. It is also consistent with unit upgrading. And its also logical, because after all the unit is in the process of being assembled/disassembled and can't just change in one second. The tooltip/popup text for converting a unit should state that this cannot be canceled, so there should be no surprise.

What would be fair is that if converting is canceled the unit takes the same amount of time converting back that it already spent to convert. But thats a new feature that we dont have right now.
    • freezy wrote:

We want to prevent any fake-outs by people canceling conversions the last second before an enemy arrives and stuff like that. It is also consistent with unit upgrading. And its also logical, because after all the unit is in the process of being assembled/disassembled and can't just change in one second
      Actually I disagree with these statements.
      a) You already have "fake-outs" by allowing people to use gold in these games to buy units.
      b) You can cancel production of a unit one second before your urban center is captured and you get your resources back - that is an instantaneous process.
      c) you can cancel a movement order to a unit in one second - if you think this is logical and realistic I suggest you talk to some combat veterans and they will beg to differ.
      d) So many of your game mechanics are already unrealistic so why insist on the logic of "can't just change in one second" (just one item is the fact you can make a whole aircraft factory in about 1/3 the time it takes to make an airstrip - where is the logic in this - lol)

So why not add it as a helpful feature
    • Well, when you cancel a unit, think of it as just throwing out what you already have built. If you cancelled a para conversion, that means that some soldiers are outside the plane, and some are inside. You need to have all of them outside or all of them inside for them to work properly. So, you need to wait until the troops move out of or into the plane
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • How long does it really take for a paratroop unit to "exit" a plane - they don't have to jump, just move to the exit door without jostling.
      But seriously, the conversion from a "ground" unit to a flight capable unit should take a while and cost resources to fix planes up , etc. The conversion from a flight capable unit to a ground unit should not take as long as it does - really only gathering troops together from a few airstrips and organizing for the ground role. These guys will be organised in their planes by unit anyway and they were always elite troops so should get their act to together a LOT faster than you guys are showing in this game. But then reality in 1.5 is a lot less logical than in 1.0 IMHO
    • If you cancel a unit in production that only has 1% of progress left, you will only receive 1% of the resources back.

The time values for converting have been set for balancing reasons, not for realism. No values in the game are final of course, we could still tweak them in the future.

Canceling is just not supported feature wise yet, so it would have to be coded in. As usual features that need development time compete against other features, depending how much it brings to the game, the amount of players benefitting from it and how much work it is. So we may do it at one point, but probably not in the near future.
    • freezy wrote:

If you cancel a unit in production that only has 1% of progress left, you will only receive 1% of the resources back
      Wow after all the time I have played the game I did not realize that - I thought at least you would get all your manpower back (after all, the men don't just disappear - they can be retrained for the next unit in production). I can understand about the rest of the resources - good to have this reinforced in my mind
    • I have never used para's yet, but do they come with a plane or have to buy that to? I love the option.

being 100% disabled vet from a bombing in the middle east I do not remember things to well on how they operate or function and do press the wrong button by mistake so it would be nice to have like a UNDO. lol