New Unit suggestion: Mortars (My second try)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Unit suggestion: Mortars (My second try)

<p>So, I made a suggestion about mortars I think a few months ago. I have looked at my criticism and have now come up with a way better unit. Instead, it would be a 50 person group that has 5 hitpoints. they are (obviously) way faster than artillery but with much shorter range. I also think that, when you produce them, it should actually produce 3 units of 50 so that you can spread them out. They will have 7 levels including blueprint one Their attack and defense for infantry is 2.0 and 3.0 and will go up 1 for each level. tanks is .5 and 1.0 and will go up .5 for each 2 level ups. air is defense only at .1 and will not go up. Buildings is 1.0 and will go up .5 for each level up. Naval units cannot be affected by them.</p><p><br></p><p>If any of you readers want to say something about this, feel free to hate on it or something. </p>
    • That sounds like a good idea but I think there should be anti inf mortars and anti armor mortars. But really good idea. Also they should have a faster firing rate than artillery.
      (\ /)
      >

(\ /)
      >
      (\ /)
      >
      (\ /)
      >
      Men you have fought like lions, and have been led by donkeys.
      General Erwin Rommel
      A good plan violently executed now is a better that a perfect plan executed next week.
      General George Patton, Jr.
    • gablgorthegreat wrote:

<p>So, I made a suggestion about mortars I think a few months ago. I have looked at my criticism and have now come up with a way better unit. Instead, it would be a 50 person group that has 5 hitpoints. they are (obviously) way faster than artillery but with much shorter range. I also think that, when you produce them, it should actually produce 3 units of 50 so that you can spread them out. They will have 7 levels including blueprint one Their attack and defense for infantry is 2.0 and 3.0 and will go up 1 for each level. tanks is .5 and 1.0 and will go up .5 for each 2 level ups. air is defense only at .1 and will not go up. Buildings is 1.0 and will go up .5 for each level up. Naval units cannot be affected by them.</p><p><br></p><p>If any of you readers want to say something about this, feel free to hate on it or something. </p>
      I'm not a huge fan of this idea since it kind of does not fit into the game. The mortar is a weapon that you could argue is already used by every infantry type in the game. Mortars are usually not deployed in a way that entire regiments are based upon them and since the smallest unit size you have in CoW is a batalion I do not think it fits. There are also no machine gun teams or anti tank rifle squads because it is all part of all the infantry types I think.
      Some pictures of the regular infantry are actually a couple of guys shooting mortars.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Edepedable ().