Retreat function?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Retreat function?

I'm sorry if this is already a feature. I am making this because every time I want to retreat, I can't and am stuck watching one of my units get annihilated. I would like to see a retreat button sometime in the future. Again, if this is already a feature, I'm sorry for taking up your time.
    • This has been suggested before. To quote Jacques Thomas:

Jacques Thomas wrote:

There is a retreat function. It's pulling back your troops before they are engaged in close combat and thus pinned down.

What you're asking for is a 'retreat when it's too late to retreat because I didn't use the retreat function soon enough' function.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • This is a reasonable request. Armies can retreat in every other war game, and in real life. Perhaps retreat should come at a cost (like losing 20%-50% of health) or perhaps it should be limited to multi-unit stacks (sacrificing some to save the rest) but it should be possible to do something reasonable here.
    • I would personally not be happy with a possible retreat from direct battles. It takes away the biggest counter you have when facing someone that uses gold. By locking their troops in a battle you can bomb them with a LOT of artillery and thus have a win here and there by taking out their troops. If the enemy can retreat and then heal up the leftover troops with gold, using gold would have an even bigger advantage than it already has. Don't fight battles you can not win, that is as good as it should get.