Realistic solution to toxic gold use (without removing gold)

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Realistic solution to toxic gold use (without removing gold)

      I would propose the following:

      #1 Create a cooldown for gold use per province. If you spend gold in Detroit to rush a building, you cannot rush another building or unit for an hour. Some can rush 10 units if they have 10 ICs, but not 10 units from 1 IC.

      #2 Spending gold to rush research will not move the meter past 75% complete. The combination of this, and #1 prevents mass tacs on day 2, and ridiculous tech imbalance on day 8.

      #3 Remove all functionality for gold use on the espionage tab. Every single one of these options are purely toxic in nature and should be disabled completely.



      There you have it. Enact these changes, and gold use would still be common, but it wouldnt be game breaking. Gold usage wouldnt have the "negative stigma" that it currently has, where everyone instantly hates anyone who uses gold because it ruins the game.

      A happy and healthy community = more people staying, and a growing member base. Which means more people to spend money. So while you will have fewer of those aholes who spend $100 in 5 minutes, you will have a lot more people spending $5 here and there because they arent afraid of being BM'd and ganged up on.

      If you agree with these suggestions, please like this post. Encourage your friends in game to log into the forums and do the same. If you have suggestions to modify this, leave them below. Discussion is encouraged! But most importantly, please keep in mind that at the end of the day, this is a business. And the only chance for change is a solution that improves the game while ensuring the developer can continue to make money.
    • james13t wrote:

      With out Gold there would be no game at all! how do you think this game is funded? do you think servers and staff cost nothing?
      @James13t: Please read and UNDERSTAND what you are reading.... there is NO MENTION of omitting gold in this thread. So don't revert back to the old subject. We passed that and we all agree that gold finances (part) of the game.
      Also please take note that we are not noobs that are 2 days into the game.

      This thread is NOT about omitting gold. Read the forum and the other threads, where this thread evolved from before posting a comment that has been placed already a gazillion times ... by all who are writing here now.

      To make it easy for you: this thread is about finding ways to have gold-free games WITHOUT hurting the income of Bytro.
      Ahumm... (hint and big spoiler): it even says so in the title!

      (side note: Bytro should realy not hire mods under 18 years old. Reading and understanding are two different things)
    • Ellio_98 wrote:

      Dont argue with the Admins and do not call them names
      where did I call names...ever??
      and don't argue? that is how bad things evolve.

      you must always argue when something is plainly wrong and the least of what we can expect, is that the posts are read for what they are and not for what somebody want's to read into it or - worse - reads into it by not reading correctly (= not making the effort). And the latter is even worse if such a person is an 'official'.

      Any thoughtless reply, especially by an 'official', in a mere reflex to defend the company, which doesn't need defending, because we are here (we wouldn't be otherwise), is a very bad reply. When something is bad, call it that, otherwise you will never see improvement.

      Point made and I will leave it at that, unless another reply is called for.

      And now let's get back to the topic.

      PS: james...mind your language. your tone (and spelling) is very unprofessional to say the least.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by _Pontus_ ().

    • I still think that, to the 3 ideas mentioned, the lump-sum option for gold-free games should be added, as it is a very viable one.

      like said in another thread, it is like selling insurance and insurance companies make a whole lot of money. So could Bytro, while providing an option for gold-free games.
    • james13t wrote:

      With out Gold there would be no game at all! how do you think this game is funded? do you think servers and staff cost nothing?
      Did you read my entire post? Specifically, the 3 summary paragraphs after the 3 suggestions.



      There you have it. Enact these changes, and gold use would still be common, but it wouldnt be game breaking. Gold usage wouldnt have the "negative stigma" that it currently has, where everyone instantly hates anyone who uses gold because it ruins the game.

      A happy and healthy community = more people staying, and a growing member base. Which means more people to spend money. So while you will have fewer of those aholes who spend $100 in 5 minutes, you will have a lot more people spending $5 here and there because they arent afraid of being BM'd and ganged up on.

      If you agree with these suggestions, please like this post. Encourage your friends in game to log into the forums and do the same. If you have suggestions to modify this, leave them below. Discussion is encouraged! But most importantly, please keep in mind that at the end of the day, this is a business. And the only chance for change is a solution that improves the game while ensuring the developer can continue to make money.
    • _Pontus_ wrote:

      suggestion: add option for lump-sum payment to have gold-free game. The no-gold option can be an feature like chosing countries ... at a certain price. This would guarantee income for Bytro and still allow for a purely skill based game.
      I would like to play on such a map, as would many. This however will divide the community in 2 groups and especially in smaller countries like tsjech, the netherlands and belgium, portugal and so on, the players willing to play on maps that will allow gold will have problems filling up the 100-player map, maybe the 22-player map as well. We shouldn't ruin to much fun for them if we want to keep this game.


      james13t wrote:

      Well just so you knwo iam not under 18 years of age but you know if you read the news part of the fourm you might have seen the age limit for mods but hey why read that when you can sit here and bash on the company that is making is possible for you to sit here bitch about things !
      I can understand Peasant his reaction. He suggests some great ideas for fixing a part of this game that is really hot toppic in the community. Your respons wasn't to the point. You didn't understand well what he said. There was not a single hint of omitting gold. Yet your reaction was saying it was a really ba idea to omit gold. I can understand the frustration he feels if people just fail to read and understand what he says and try to twist the discussion to something else. Especially from staff members. No need to get to personal off course. Age isn't that important, it's just used to have a higher chance of finding somebody capable of doing the job and keeping those who can't out.

      The game should be fun for gold and non-gold users. League of Legends from Riot Games has a huge player base, they host tournaments with huge amounts of cash prices. A lot of people pay for that game, but the people that pay don't have any notable unfair advantage over the non-payers. Paying players don't ruin the playability of that game for other players. I don't know if there is some way to implement a simmilar principle for this game...I don't work for Bytro Labs, so it's not my problem :)
    • Azkazan wrote:

      This however will divide the community in 2 groups
      I get your point, however, the community is already divided in that sense. It would just provide an option to play a truly skill-based game once in a while. The bigger problem, IMO, would be to fill the 100map where the option is activated. I doubt such a map would be filled sufficiently fast. It would rather create an option for a 10map or maybe a 22map to compete on true skills for those who would like that once in a while. The majority of maps would definitely not have the option activated, since the totally F2P player base is so huge. The latter being a good thing and not a negative, because without a huge F2P base, a game can't generate enough paying players.
    • Azkazan wrote:

      League of Legends from Riot Games has a huge player base
      As has WoT, which is perfectly playable without spending money, but when a game is liked well, people do spend. Both LoL and WoT are huge money makers.

      I would love to see Bytro making more money :)
      The company philosophy is excellent and except for certain misfits in the "customer-care section" (btw, I am not referring to james13t), the service is great.
      And - except - WoT (dunnoh about LoL, sorry) - which game lets the F2P base earn gold advantages in-game?

      In all these aspects, the Bytro games are forerunners and distinguish themselves from others in a very positive way. Hence I am playing s1914 since (methinks...) 2011 or 12 and this since I was invited as a FP. It is the only game I have stayed loyal too for so many years, besides WoT.
    • Yeah, well it appears the developer really doesnt care about suggestions. They know gold usage leads to a horrible experience for everyone in the game other than the gold abuser. But they dont care because it pays the bills. To me, this is incredibly short sighted. A few intelligent tweaks could lead to a better game experience for everyone, and still have money coming in the door.

      TL;DR They dont care about 99% of their member base.

      I will retract the above statement if someone who actually works for Bytro responds to this post. Until that time, this is all just a massive waste of time.
    • noblepeasant wrote:

      Yeah, well it appears the developer really doesnt care about suggestions. They know gold usage leads to a horrible experience for everyone in the game other than the gold abuser. But they dont care because it pays the bills. To me, this is incredibly short sighted. A few intelligent tweaks could lead to a better game experience for everyone, and still have money coming in the door.

      TL;DR They dont care about 99% of their member base.

      I will retract the above statement if someone who actually works for Bytro responds to this post. Until that time, this is all just a massive waste of time.
      They don't have a passion for design so I wouldn't expect them to have a passion for their player base either.
    • noblepeasant wrote:

      it appears the developer really doesnt care about suggestions
      I beg to disagree, noble Sir Peasant. In more than 1 instance I have seen dev's react to suggestions made by players. Ofc, it requires the crew to pass on the suggestions....

      Now that the subject touches the income base, any reaction will ofc require good analysis and much thought.
      Nevertheless, any option which may increase player satisfaction and does not decrease or even increases income, will doubtlessly find some follow up at some point.

      I think the most viable option is the Pay-2-play a gold-free game, as it would simply require another gold-option at set-up of the game and it should be relatively easy to calculate the price for it