Mines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I do not know about all players here but during ww1 and ww2 there were alot of mines put around naval years and shipping yards and shipping lanes.

Maybe we can add mines to 1.5 as well?

Have them so the owners and coalition members can get by them but anyone else will get damage or blown up depending on the mine and size of the ship.

For research have these 3 mines available accordingly to importance.
      1. Static Mine - Is just moored in place waiting for a ship or sub to hit it.
      2. Proximity mine - where a mine goes off due to how close the ship is.
      3. Magnetic mine - A ship has to touch it but way more powerful.

If a sub hits any mine in real life it is dead.
      Destroyers can detect them if they have a device to locate them or see them floating and shoot them.

No other ship had the capability to find or destroy mines

So have each mine cost more then a destroyer but can not be thought of as one time purchase but have a time delay of say 3 days and then have to buy again or renew them.

Say a destroyer takes two hits and he is gone
      Cruiser takes 3 hits and a battle ship takes 4 but the aircraft carrier thanks 5 to destroy it

I hope this catches on and added to the game.

Thanks and please let me know if it gets added
    • I'd say mines do a little more damage than that(or maybe add levels to mines), but I'd also propose a Minesweeper ship to counter it that can find and destroy mines it sees but slows the fleet down a lot in order to be able to scout for mines.
    • Did you ever try the "search" fucntion of this board? This suggestion has been made like a thousand times before; you can easily add to one of those instead of creating a new one each time...
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • This is a horribly unbalanced idea in a game where sea travel is not free but restricted by waypoints. Mines would effectively be a much too cheap way to completely block off certain passages at literally no disadvantage, because ships would be forced ot go through them.

Once sea travel is made free of restrictions = with no waypoints through which ships must pass (which will never be the case for obvious reasons), then mines could become an actual idea.
    • I had to read that a couple of times before I realized you were talking about naval mines.

Here's the thing: mines are insinuated in naval combat.

The way Call of War is set up puts battles horribly out of scale. On screen, it might look like 1 soldier fighting 1 soldier, but in reality it's closer to 1 battalion of soldiers fighting another battalion.

This same scale applies to the navy. The ocean is huge. As such, it's insinuated, especially when it comes to Submarine vs. Destroyer battles, that mines are used. (Or more accurately, depth charges.)

In terms of physical gameplay, mines couldn't be effectively incorporated, which is why it's more of a cosmetic insinuation. Just imagine it like this: if you were to zoom in as far as you possibly could in a naval battle, on a realistic scale, there's mines being used.

Hope that makes sense.