How to successfully go, see, conquer! (and DEFEND) (by me AGAIN!)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to successfully go, see, conquer! (and DEFEND) (by me AGAIN!)

Was that intresting? 12
        Yes (8) 67%
        No (4) 33%
      How to successfully go, see and conquer (and DEFEND)
      Always try to use espionage first. It is VITAL. Best espionage development is, in my opinion, 3 military sabotage in 3 different major cities (but not the capital). One intel close to border, and one economic sabotage in capital. Now, you must try to have a proper plan, and when talking of it to allies, have a proper codename for it, therefor if spies intercept your messages you will be able to avoid detection.
      Now, I will use a REAL example from one of my most brilliant rounds. It was Historic World War 1939 1.0 and I was USSR. Germany had made an alliance with Italy, UK, Japan. I agreed to them taking the whole of Poland in return for a non-aggression pact (which I planned to keep.). however, through espionage my suspicions grew and I began to build defences, but of course in a smart way as to not waste resources. I left intentional gaps, so to trap pockets of Germans should they invade. Now let’s go to the defensive build up strategy. I built fortifications all across the border, tighter and weaker in some places, and importantly used the TERRAIN. (e.g. infantry in forests, tanks in hills, etc.). also I built infrastructure right behind the fortifications, as to help with supply flow. Airfield were also vital. And the Germans DID invade, accusing me of aggression, and their force was HUGE. I had 150 troops in TOTAL, and the Germans WITH their allies (Italy, UK, Japan.) had over 300 just on the borders! But when they hit, it was as if nothing had happened. My tank destroyers actually wiped out 30 German units, and 5 heavy tanks. But even though I kept the front for 2 days, I was close to collapse with UK, Italy and so MANY enemies. The Japanese launched multiple assaults but I got REALLY lucky and just the right provinces in my far east revolted over to Manchukuo and Japan (now inactive) could not cross for it had to go through Manchukuo. Meanwhile in Europe I was going through a huge industrial boost (as the USSR has great potential). So, I decided to launch an offensive (it was day 4 and 2 provinces near Kiev had fallen to Italy). My offensive left some troops behind and was designed in a way so I could FALL BACK (very important, don’t always hold your ground). My offensive force was created of mainly tank destroyers. believe it or not, I took Berlin. Immediately I launched propaganda campaigns on news. It was HUGE, however he had already moved the capital to Paris (sorry forgot to mention, France was conquered by Germany, and also Italy had Yugoslavia.)
      Now let’s pause and discuss how I kept my front. First of all, my manoeuvring was important, so if Germany had tanks northern ward and infantry southern, I would shift my forces so. Also many times I fell back and let certain provinces fall, so I could keep an army and not waste it. Air raids I had none of, since I didn’t want a small air attack, I wanted a big one, and the Manchukuo wall in Asia gave me the opportunity to produce planes in Asia and transport.
      Back to the game. Berlin was useless (as all its building were destroyed) so I evacuated and went south, then quickly up and re-joined my defensive force. The Fall of Berlin prompted the Germans to retreat temporarily, giving me vital time. About a week after the war began, my first important provinces fell, Minsk and Kiev. However, I LET both fall (as my armies there had no way of winning and it was pointless to keep them). It was fairly important that these two fell, since they saw lots of enemy troop clusters in one area. I saw my chance and launched a huge airstrike that actually wiped out I believe over 40 troops maybe more.
      Another brilliant victory for me was when a German mechanized force found a gap in my defences and was trapped inside my provinces, I surrounded and destroyed them. Slowly I began trying to get Italy on my side and telling him to fight for the just cause. Meanwhile I was at my all-time low, with virtually no troops and constantly retreating. However, I managed to save all my urban provinces except Minsk and Kiev.
      After maybe 9 days, Iran attacked me. I quickly conquered him, and that was vital as my oil problem was solved. It also opened a gateway to British colonies in the Middle East.
      The war went on, and close to collapse I actually gave Moscow to Germany at some point for peace. It actually helped (just pure luck that it did). It caused Germany to believe I was completely defeated, and so he attacked his own ally, Italy. This was HUGE. The strain was lifted instantly, and I managed to beat back the Germans utterly. I managed to conquer ALL of east and north Germany, including Berlin. It was brilliant! And all that time, with smart strategy, diplomacy and a bit of luck, I had fought against 4 SUPERPOWERS and won, losing ONLY 10 provinces, just two of which were urban. If you have questions about the game, or about strategy, or If you want to hear what happened then, just say so in replies!
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • no one wants to know what happened after??
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Bruhhh

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • OK

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • @Buzzy02
      How did you like it?
      Any questions?

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength