Cannot play in mobile app

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cannot play in mobile app

I downloaded the app yesterday, but when I logged in, it took me to the game loading screen, refreshed once then crashed. Same thing happened again when I reloaded the app.
      Also tried it on mobile browser and it had the same results.
      I’m using an IPhone 6 on IOS 12
      Would appreciate clarification of the issue. Thank you.
    • If the device is not able to process all of the enhanced graphics it should reload the game in the plain graphics mode instead.

For basic graphics testing can you go to this thread and check the linked pages there please? WebGL Enhanced Graphics troubleshooting

Even if it fails to load the enhanced graphics it should load the plain graphics properly. Are you involved in a game with a lot of units or battles currently perhaps?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Thanks for the reply! I’ve done the test and it seems like my phone supports normal WebGL but not enhanced graphics.
      When I open the game, the app immediately brings me into the game loading screen; preventing me from turning off or on enhanced graphics. The game can’t seem to load, despite all 4 potential countries not being in a war nor being past Day 3.

I tried to record a video but the attachment size was too big.
      It shows upon the app being opened, the game loading screen appears after a few seconds. However, after about a minute the game turns to white. A few seconds later the loading screen appears again.
      This cycle seems to happen continuously and endlessly.

There was one time the app managed to bring me into the game itself; however, it crashed before it could load the map.

Edit: tried it twice more and apparently the Return button doesn’t work either

The post was edited 1 time, last by 737373elj ().

• Just to make sure, these games work fine for you on desktop?

I have sent you an email, if you can attach the video to your reply it may help narrow down the issue.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Sorry for the inconvenience. IPhone6 is unfortunately a bit old. We are working on a low performance mode which should help older devices to run the game.

Btw one more thing you could try is accessing the game from a mobile browser on your phone (same adress as on desktop)
    • freezy wrote:

Sorry for the inconvenience. IPhone6 is unfortunately a bit old. We are working on a low performance mode which should help older devices to run the game.

Btw one more thing you could try is accessing the game from a mobile browser on your phone (same adress as on desktop)
      That’s very kind, when most games out grow devices the devs just leave it. It’s nice to see that your working on keeping CoW accessible to people who can’t necessarily afford a new device. Good Job!
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)