Went to war with a player with mutual Shared Intel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Went to war with a player with mutual Shared Intel

So I have mutual shared intel with another player. For some random reason, I suddenly go to war with him (not just declare war - a surprise attack so all my hard work improving my diplomatic popularity is for naught). To say that I am really cross about this is a huge understatement. At the moment, the devs seem to be preoccupied in changing the GUI rather than fixing what I consider to be serious issues with the game - get with it guys.

Some of his units at sea and afar away from me were on aggressive fire control but none of my units were so why did I attack him!! I don't know and really would like to (know I mean)

I have submitted a bug report but posted it here as a measure of my increasing frustration. TBH, I have at least 50 ideas that would improve and fix the game but have no real confidence that I would be listened to. A number of serious posts I have made here on the forum are still unanswered after a week
    • For complete protection against friendly fire accidents we recommend entering into a coalition. There are several types of attacks that will cause a war even with shared map allies. Most commonly are attacks with rockets and direct attacks with planes on allied soil, and there are several less common situations of combat in the same location that can cause war. Coalitions offer a guaranteed protection from these situations and thus are the intended method of conducting a joint warfare operation.

Regarding your claim of being ignored, I don’t find any of your posts of issues that have not been replied to. When you duplicate a post in the forum and in game bug report we may choose to answer the bug report instead. Suggestions for improvements do not always get a reply, but they are always read.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<

The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW ().

• Thanks Vorlon - I let my frustration get away with me for sure
      Coalitions are all very well but ever since the devs made it so you could not share maps outside a coalition and introduced a stand-down period when you leave a coalition or are kicked, I delay joining a coalition for as long as possible and this happened on day 2. TBH, if you have mutual Share Maps it should offer just the same protection as being in a coalition
    • Just happened again - this time the cause is well defined - my Share Intel partner wandered around with subs on Aggressive mode and ran into one of mine (in normal mode). His sub attacked mine which I think should not happen if you have ROW, Shared Maps or Shared Intel. I have asked him to move his subs in Offensive mode since he is already at war with the ships he is targeting but the point really is that you should not have to be in coalition to get the protection it confers
    • RogodeterSnowl wrote:

Just happened again - this time the cause is well defined - my Share Intel partner wandered around with subs on Aggressive mode and ran into one of mine (in normal mode). His sub attacked mine which I think should not happen if you have ROW, Shared Maps or Shared Intel. I have asked him to move his subs in Offensive mode since he is already at war with the ships he is targeting but the point really is that you should not have to be in coalition to get the protection it confers
      I forwarded this report to our QA and we were unfortunately unable to reproduce it. In our test subs of allied players were able to pass eachother on aggressive settings, without triggering war.

So there must be some other ingredient involved in this. If you find out which, let us know plz.