Customization as an ADDITIONAL *Not only* Revenue Source

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Customization as an ADDITIONAL *Not only* Revenue Source

Hello all.

I wanted to bring to the an idea I have seen on here before but with a different take. I have seen discussion of the introduction of unit customizable appearances on here as an additional revenue source for Bytro which is an excellent idea in my opinion. There are a plethora of historically-accurate soldier uniforms, tank camouflages, and plane paint schemes we could see come to the game as customization.

However, I have also seen feedback that skins could not be implemented as Bytro would like to keep their current revenue model of gold purchases. However, why can't both exist in unison?

Skins purchasable via gold in a "shop" could be an appealing way for players to buy and spend gold they have either purchased with real money or earned via achievements/victories. I emphasize that skins should be purchasable with gold as opposed to real world money as this technically gives everyone a chance at unlocking appearances and would be great for the player base as a whole.

I feel the introduction of skins would also lessen complaints of "gold spamming" as players who purchase gold now have an additional means in which to spend it. Perhaps instead of spending in a match they want that cool Tiger I tank camouflage which they can display during the match itself.

Skins could be equipped and selected somewhere on the home page itself or on your profile maybe? I am highly interested what you guys think about this idea and would love to hear feedback be it positive or negative! In addition, if there is any specific skins for units you would want to see in the game feel free to name off some of your most wanted ones!
    • This has also been suggested before. Here is what Game Designer freezy had to say about it:

"We also have to take company size and efficiency into account: Games which monetize via content or visuals have to put out a lot more updates and content, requiring a lot of effort in acquiring new know-how and bigger team sizes. Our current office wouldn't even support so many employees. Games with our monetization model on the other hand can be run very lean with smaller teams, because the game basically does not need new purchasable content every few weeks."
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine
    • That's very clearly a fair point by Mr. Freezy. I would be curious how this hybrid model I am suggesting would play into the team size/content quantity needed. Perhaps less resources would be needed than the typical appearance monetization models as CoW also would be supported by gold purchases in general.

In other words what I am saying is another avenue/reason to spend gold in the form of appearances/skins/whatever you want to call them could in fact bring in more revenue via purchased gold in the first place.

Your thoughts?
    • Skins as an additional revenue source was discussed and considered. We are not opposed to trying that. But it is still alot of work with an uncertain outcome, so that's why other things usually took priority. Maybe it can be tried in the future or combined with other ideas.
    • Hello Mr. Freezy,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide some feedback on this idea for the game. I personally am hopeful this can come to the game in the future as I think it has some solid potential.

On another note, I really like the implementation of the "early" and "late" models for each unit type and I think that should be added for all units in the game. Then if skins were ever to be added it could simply be a reskin of those already existing models. I am unsure how much this would cut away at the resources needed to produce customization content, but that is how I imagined it in my head.

For example:

-Axis early medium tank is a Panzer IV model

-Axis late medium tank is a Panther model

Then the skins could be camouflage for those already existing models :)