The New Call of War

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The New Call of War

Attention, Generals!
      In the last couple of months we introduced with Call of War 1.5 a brand new version of your favorite game. We revamped the balancing of the game, introduced new buildings and features, adjusted numerous maps, reworked the UI and much more. We did all this together with you and your feedback in mind, to keep Call of War as exciting and entertaining for you in the years to come as it has been in the previous five years of its lifetime.

We are very happy with what we achieved and will continue the journey, as recent changes opened development options for Call of War we couldn’t dare thinking of until now. With this article we would like to share with you the next steps regarding the New Call of War (CoW 1.5) and Call of War Classic (CoW 1.0).

This is the road ahead of us:

Maintaining two different versions of Call of War is a lot of work and the team had to realize that maintaining both is not feasible nor healthy in the long run. We thought about this very thoroughly, especially as this is a topic frequently discussed within the community as well. As new players already have exclusive access to the New Call of War, the following section addresses our veteran players, as nothing will change for players that are new to the game.

We developed the New Call of War together with the community and many of the new features, ideas and solutions implemented include a huge amount of community feedback. We would like to point out that across the board we were extremely happy and impressed about the community's involvement, dedication, and constructiveness along the way. Needless to say, that everyone here at Bytro wishes to continue with this.
      You might have noticed that in the last couple of weeks we continued to update existing maps and events for the New Call of War. Beginning with November 2020 we will start to slowly phase out Call of War Classic by reducing the Classic map pool to only the most popular maps.
      Call of War Classic will not disappear completely! It will be preserved in the state as veterans know it today and most popular Call of War Classic maps will be available, just not all the time anymore. No new features or bug fixes will be added to the Classic version anymore going forward though.
      Eventually, in 2021 that is, the New Call of War will replace Call of War Classic, but we will keep the option to occasionally bring back Call of War Classic as Classic Events.

We know this might be disappointing for a few players, but we want to continue to be as transparent about the further development of the New Call of War as we have been in the last couple of months. We know there are diehard fans of Call of War Classic, but we don’t want to create false hopes nor do we want to make promises we already know we are unlikely to keep.

The future for Call of War is bright, and the new version of Call of War is just the beginning as we take things even further from here. The road to Call of War 2.0 is just about to start, and we are looking forward to share the exciting and ambitious plans we have for the future of this amazing game!

Your Bytro Team
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • In the new game, the use of forces is complicated and as before, the opposition of the forces with each other is not obvious.I really like this but it should not be overly complicated،You put the game on the level of a world war where all countries existed and that was great, but you have to consider a strength or more days of peace for small countries, otherwise small countries have no point. Do not have
    • As a person who has been playing call of war on and off for over two years now I feel as though the slow transition is what must come, the mode is the same for me as it has been. Some people do not like this shift as the 1.5 mode needs some economy work done as everyone has everything and everyone is at the same point, it needs to be a bit more realistic before leaving 1 behind. If keeping both modes up is hurting the team do as you must, but before you completely leave the OG version behind, work out the kinks in 1.5 and players complaints with the version first.
    • Benefits of version one game to be created in version two as well.
      1. Existence of a nuclear reactor (it could make the player feel good and make access to nuclear technology enjoyable)
      2- Composition of structures for power generation

3- Different resources of countries and the need to import and export and strengthen infrastructure

4- Ability to build a factory in normal lands and use it for production

5. Time-consuming production of forces (unfortunately you hastened the production friends, the player either has to go to the game quickly or spend it for the game to be able to determine the next production) Please advertise your income
    • Benefits of version one game to be created in version two as well.
      1. Existence of a nuclear reactor (it could make the player feel good and make access to nuclear technology enjoyable)
      2- Composition of structures for power generation

3- Different resources of countries and the need to import and export and strengthen infrastructure

4- Ability to build a factory in normal lands and use it for production

5. Time-consuming production of forces (unfortunately you hastened the production friends, the player either has to go to the game quickly or spend it for the game to be able to determine the next production) Please advertise your income
    • Arcorian wrote:

Attention, Generals!
      In the last couple of months we introduced with Call of War 1.5 a brand new version of your favorite game. We revamped the balancing of the game, introduced new buildings and features, adjusted numerous maps, reworked the UI and much more. We did all this together with you and your feedback in mind, to keep Call of War as exciting and entertaining for you in the years to come as it has been in the previous five years of its lifetime.

We are very happy with what we achieved and will continue the journey, as recent changes opened development options for Call of War we couldn’t dare thinking of until now. With this article we would like to share with you the next steps regarding the New Call of War (CoW 1.5) and Call of War Classic (CoW 1.0).

This is the road ahead of us:

Maintaining two different versions of Call of War is a lot of work and the team had to realize that maintaining both is not feasible nor healthy in the long run. We thought about this very thoroughly, especially as this is a topic frequently discussed within the community as well. As new players already have exclusive access to the New Call of War, the following section addresses our veteran players, as nothing will change for players that are new to the game.

We developed the New Call of War together with the community and many of the new features, ideas and solutions implemented include a huge amount of community feedback. We would like to point out that across the board we were extremely happy and impressed about the community's involvement, dedication, and constructiveness along the way. Needless to say, that everyone here at Bytro wishes to continue with this.
      You might have noticed that in the last couple of weeks we continued to update existing maps and events for the New Call of War. Beginning with November 2020 we will start to slowly phase out Call of War Classic by reducing the Classic map pool to only the most popular maps.
      Call of War Classic will not disappear completely! It will be preserved in the state as veterans know it today and most popular Call of War Classic maps will be available, just not all the time anymore. No new features or bug fixes will be added to the Classic version anymore going forward though.
      Eventually, in 2021 that is, the New Call of War will replace Call of War Classic, but we will keep the option to occasionally bring back Call of War Classic as Classic Events.

We know this might be disappointing for a few players, but we want to continue to be as transparent about the further development of the New Call of War as we have been in the last couple of months. We know there are diehard fans of Call of War Classic, but we don’t want to create false hopes nor do we want to make promises we already know we are unlikely to keep.

The future for Call of War is bright, and the new version of Call of War is just the beginning as we take things even further from here. The road to Call of War 2.0 is just about to start, and we are looking forward to share the exciting and ambitious plans we have for the future of this amazing game!

Your Bytro Team
      I'd like to lift up my concern regarding with this newly update, my concern is about the "Infrastructure", if somebody still haven't noticed yet, unlike the CallofWar Classic (1.0) - building infrastructure helps to improve the production of a certain province or city which is totally and realistically right, but then relating to the CallofWar (1.5) building infrastructure isn't helps to improve production anymore. By the way, I'm currently working in a Logistics Company here in the Philippines and so that's why I can somehow relate or see the problem. I hope this can help.
    • You are building a game that you like, I personally am against putting the doctrine in the game and if one day you are going to add a commander to the game, I will delete the game quickly, we are the game commander and we have our strengths and weaknesses We create, you should not put the doctrine into play, and we are the ones who think about strengthening the infrastructure economically or thinking about buying oil because Germany does not have steel naturally or similar examples, I am strongly in favor of structural composition. I'm in version one and I support the fact that we need to upgrade it so that we can build new soldiers, in version two these do not exist, only the upgrade increases the speed.
    • You are cutting down fruit trees, and you want to replace them with a tree that is not clear how popular it is, you have started a risky business, I am very sad today, the first time I found this game really I got the urge to play World War II online, but you are deleting version one, do not think you are just deleting version one of the game, know that version one fans are going to play by force or leave the game in despair
    • You have started the policy of making money playing the game, something that the fans of free games hate very much, you have accelerated the production of forces and reduced the time, or we have to be in the game all day and reproduce every two hours Click or we have to buy your packages and put the forces in the production list
    • It was to be expected.
      I was not expressed by ver. 1.5.1 and had a one year break of cow. Version 1.5.x now is really good, unless i dont like new marketing politiks, but it started to change already in later 2018.

How i said, it was expected: change to 1.5 and keep events 1.0;

I would glad to ask you for really nice Event for true veteran of call of war. Slow speed rounds for players, who dont want play 24/7 online. (because of work, family or healthcare). Speed of 50% or even 33%, because the game is accelerated more than twice since 2015.

One event each two or three monthes with this conditions would be fair, even with small ammount of running maps.

P. S.
      Citat of Gundolf from Lord of rings "fly, you fools".

People dont waste this thread with useless concerns or advices.

P. P. S.
      Like this post if you agree.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Last Warrior ().