balancing 1.5 Historical "all in" event map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• balancing 1.5 Historical "all in" event map

In 1.0 version the small mini nations had ALOT of income in just goods/food/steel which made them playable even though they had more or less no units to start with.

In 1.5 they are just a joke and since you get no extra points for winning with small nations people almost always leave the game instead of filling last countries.

Only new players or people that have no clue about the map will take the last spots and therefor first 50-60 spots fill FAST but last 2-3 spots can take hours.

I suggest giving the small mini nations higher income like in 1.0 where you could have 15-25k income of goods/steel/food. This way they at least become playable.
      Currently some of them only got ONE type of income and are therefor unplayable IMO.
    • I think this is a good idea, but it won't make the game any more playable.
      The last slots would still be filled accidentally, by people who don't realize what's left.
      Those players soon realize they are doomed, just waiting for someone to gobble them up.
      A few days later, the map is mostly AI, and we're back to same-old-same-old: big nations plus AI nations.
    • I agree but not just event maps - i started the 1939 historic world at war as Argentina - i see my self as a semi good player - played 50 odd games and a global ranking of 2709. i managed to secure map share with spain. germany. Britain and note that not only are their starting research stats and economy way better than mine but the starting troops are 10x mine - yes its a historical map so probably accurate - But for me to win i need to do way more than them not only to get economy and research up but to troop build just to get to their starting position

A win bonus for the smaller starting countries or 3rd world countries as it could be classed would make playing them more of a challenge and {may} make {more of the} better players choose them

i choose Argentina knowing they started with less - maybe not so much less but i like the challenge - as it happens i now own South America and am pretty much on par with the main {start} countries
    • Lostility wrote:

In 1.0 version the small mini nations had ALOT of income in just goods/food/steel which made them playable even though they had more or less no units to start with.

In 1.5 they are just a joke and since you get no extra points for winning with small nations people almost always leave the game instead of filling last countries.

Only new players or people that have no clue about the map will take the last spots and therefor first 50-60 spots fill FAST but last 2-3 spots can take hours.

I suggest giving the small mini nations higher income like in 1.0 where you could have 15-25k income of goods/steel/food. This way they at least become playable.
      Currently some of them only got ONE type of income and are therefor unplayable IMO.
      I see this possibility, and raise you this:

Instead of bolstering the existing resources of a nation, give them all 5, and have one of them be a city. Then not only can they produce an army to keep up with the rest, they're not immediately starved for resources they don't have.
    • Telmah69 wrote:

I agree but not just event maps - i started the 1939 historic world at war as Argentina - i see my self as a semi good player - played 50 odd games and a global ranking of 2709. i managed to secure map share with spain. germany. Britain and note that not only are their starting research stats and economy way better than mine but the starting troops are 10x mine - yes its a historical map so probably accurate - But for me to win i need to do way more than them not only to get economy and research up but to troop build just to get to their starting position

A win bonus for the smaller starting countries or 3rd world countries as it could be classed would make playing them more of a challenge and {may} make {more of the} better players choose them

i choose Argentina knowing they started with less - maybe not so much less but i like the challenge - as it happens i now own South America and am pretty much on par with the main {start} countries

I really like the idea of giving different victory bonuses depending on the start location.

I've also played the 1939 as Argentina, and won. But it was brutal. I worked by butt off. If I had started as Germany, I could have won with 1/10 the effort. The victory reward was insulting.