Infrastructure

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Infrastructure

According to the description of “Infrastructure” this is what it does.

“Infrastructure increases the movement speed of units anywhere within this province. Leveling up the Infrastructure increases the movement speed bonus further.”

However, I have seen other posts in this forum that suggest it improves resource production and various other improvements. I have tested those theories by building it once, and saw no change in anything.

So, what is the real answer here. Does infrastructure improve anything other than the speed with which your troops move through a province?
    • In the 1.0 version infrastructure level 3 enhances the resource production in that province with 50%. This is a very good option for double resource provinces where you have no Industrial Complexes. Building a new IC and upgrading it to level 5 to get the same 50% bonus is very expensive. In this case a level 3 infrastructure does the same but is way cheaper.

Every city where you have an IC that is level 5 should afterwards also have an infrastructure level 3. This way you increase the resource production in that province with 100%.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • If a unit knows about the infra, it gets the speed bump.

I usually get infra for defense, so I can slide by troops along the border, or bring troops deep from my own territory. Infra that points mostly toward your enemy can be dangerous. It can bring an stack faster in your direction.

Infra can be useful, it can be risky, or it can be useless. Apply it carefully.
    • z00mz00m wrote:

If a unit knows about the infra, it gets the speed bump.

I usually get infra for defense, so I can slide by troops along the border, or bring troops deep from my own territory. Infra that points mostly toward your enemy can be dangerous. It can bring an stack faster in your direction.

Infra can be useful, it can be risky, or it can be useless. Apply it carefully.
      So do you confirm that enemies dont get speed buff untill they are close to the core so they can see buildings(infrastructure)?
    • It's not clear if the moving unit needs to see the infra, or if the country needs to see the infra. My guess is the latter. Another ground unit or plane can scout the province center, that means you (the player) can see it, then you give move orders to your unit, and it goes X% faster depending on the level of the infra. Keep in mind, the unit will get a -50% speed penalty if it's inside an enemy province, and the +X% speed bonus from the infra is added. You will be slower than the owner of the province, but not as slow as you would have been without the infra.
    • Thanks, i would like to hear from devs the accurate version though. If a player has to see the infra or the unit itself.

I myself think it was the unit itself as i tested it couple weeks ago but well i want someone else to say it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sewur ().

• laaaaaaaaga wrote:

It increases speed of every single unit that sees it, which means it speeds up only your units, until enemy spots the center of your province and sees it for himself. Then he gets the buffed speed too
      I tested it and although if you click on a unit it shows less speed the time of arrival doesnt change whether you see the infrastructure or not. But the unit's movement speed value is misleading.
    • DxC wrote:

Sewur wrote:

if you click on a unit it shows less speed the time of arrival doesnt change whether you see the infrastructure or not. But the unit's movement speed value is misleading.
      I assume you meant "higher speed"? Did you reset the march?
      I mean it shows normal speed depending on terrain but when you see infrastructure it changes to the accurate one. The arrival time is the same in both cases though
    • Did you reset your move orders?
      Meaning, tell the unit where to go, this time with all the new roads visible.
      This will reroute the unit and recompute the arrival time.
      A new road, or a province changing owners, does not always reroute the unit automatically.
      You have to do it yourself.
    • Yes i did. I tried with my interceptors over province center seeing the infrastructure and my land troops' movement speed was higher. I then tried without seeing the province and the infrastructure and the movement speed was lower. I rerouted them every time and the time to the point was always the same.
    • Sewur wrote:

I rerouted them every time and the time to the point was always the same.
      If that's true it's clearly a bug. It's also possible that they get the speed boost even if it's not reflected in their displayed speed. Then their speed display updates only when you see the infra. Either way it seems messed up. I guess you could try to test if the speed up is always there by estimating the distance across an enemy prov and calculating the time it takes to cross it.
    • it was correct untill the end of december, I've used it to catch up to enemy troops on one map back then, but since then the game was updated a bit, and also the engine was ported to supremacy 1914 and then their bugfixes were ported back to CoW with some other improvements, and I had no time to do research on what was fixed and what was left out