Newspaper and the anonymous function

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• freezy wrote:

Players can still write articles in the game. They now just can't post misinformation or rulebreaks anymore under the cover of anonymity. Which is a very good thing in my book, reduces the amount of toxicity in the game. Personally I would have removed the anonymous posting even if we still had player report buttons in the newspaper.

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

Which shall it be? A game for kids or a game for men????
      I would argue that real men post stuff in their own name instead of hiding behind anonymity :P
      No. Real men use as well brute force as scheming. I'm not asking to let the discrimination and harassing back in. It's the diplomacy of this game that has suffered a loss by removing the anonymous posting.

At least allow anonymous news paper articles? They add much entertainment to the game.
    • freezy wrote:

Players can still write articles in the game. They now just can't post misinformation or rulebreaks anymore under the cover of anonymity. Which is a very good thing in my book, reduces the amount of toxicity in the game. Personally I would have removed the anonymous posting even if we still had player report buttons in the newspaper.

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I would argue that real men post stuff in their own name instead of hiding behind anonymity

There is no such thing as real men. All humans like to lie, deceive, and trick. Often the men that are on top of the society often are the most impressive cheaters, con artists, and liars.
    • vietcong2005 wrote:

freezy wrote:

NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I would argue that real men post stuff in their own name instead of hiding behind anonymity
      There is no such thing as real men. All humans like to lie, deceive, and trick. Often the men that are on top of the society often are the most impressive cheaters, con artists, and liars.
      Exactly. And that's he kind of game we want! Better have it in the game than at work/at home/in taxes :)
    • Misinformation is a staple of warfare. Part of that misinformation is to deceive others about who is the source of the "information". If the information is obviously from an enemy then no one would believe it.

Insults and vulgar communication is a separate issue. Anonymous messages and newspaper articles are not anonymous to the game operators, which allows policing of the content. I understand such policing is difficult - a lot of it can be done through filtering but not all. If "table" was an offensive word, I can disguise it as *able, tab-le, ttaabbllee, etc etc. But that is where community policing comes in. A report button utilized by the community can cover such cases. If such behavior is punished swiftly, publicly, and appropriately it will keep it to a minimum.
    • It is too expencive to moderate all anonimous articles. Also disappering is ok, but may be we could have auto generated tool for ingame desinformation instead.

Edit:
      May be we should open anonymous Tool for players Level xy+, if you reach this Level you get pop up with rules of anonymous articles. Every 1st proofed violation get fee tax of 5k gold, every next 5k more than previous.

Flood of missuse of function would stop after a while.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Last Warrior ().

• Last Warrior wrote:

It is too expencive to moderate all anonimous articles. Also disappering is ok, but may be we could have auto generated tool for ingame desinformation instead.

Edit:
      May be we should open anonymous Tool for players Level xy+, if you reach this Level you get pop up with rules of anonymous articles. Every 1st proofed violation get fee tax of 5k gold, every next 5k more than previous.

Flood of missuse of function would stop after a while.
      That's interesting
    • Last Warrior wrote:

Edit:
      That would get really expensive after a few messages and unfair to the people that do not pay for lots of gold in this game. After 4 messages you would need 2 solo wins to place 1 anonymous message, nobody would do it, exept people that trow money around without giving a damn.

BeorntheBold wrote:

But that is where community policing comes in. A report button utilized by the community can cover such cases.
      This was the case a long time ago, when the newspaper was not an issue at all. The return of the report button has been metioned a few times now and everyone sees it as a good function. Why Bytro removed the funcion in the first place is still unknown in this thread.

The function allows for community reporting which used to happen a lot back in the day. Almost all of the time moderators would respond to reports within 10-20 minutes which was amazing, and I never saw anyone say "unaccaptable" things in the newspaper in that particular game again. I experienced it once myself becouse of a unacceptable coalition picture, and they warned me with being banned from that particular game, or even losing my account if I would continue, and that coalition picture got reported by someone in that game. The system worked fine and it is also still needed right now, even with the anonymous fuction removed.

Andromeda wrote:

Maybe they could make anonymous articles a high command feature to reduce inappropriate content?
      I think making it an High Command function only would not be great.

First of all would people need to pay to be able to post something they would not want to be reconized for as a tactic for their war, which would put people that do maybe in a better spot. Just like people that use gold a lot would be which adds to the Pay-To-Win function in this game which is a whole thing on its own. The Anonymous function would also be severely less useful, becouse people will know that only people with High Command can post them. People could just go and have a look at who has high command, and basically see who posted the message.

I think myself that a level restriction would be the best option if you would want to lock down that funcion like that, just like 100 player maps are locked for level 7 players or lower.
      The Best Defense Is A Good Offense.
    • kittkarrkitt wrote:

That would get really expensive after a few messages and unfair to the people that do not pay for lots of gold in this game. After 4 messages you would need 2 solo wins to place 1 anonymous message, nobody would do it, exept people that trow money around without giving a damn.
      Is that not the point?
    • Last Warrior wrote:

Learn to read, child, i said by proofed violation of rules, not by every single article.
      Alright, and what happens if the players gold runs out? They just lose the ability to post the anonymous messages. If thats the case, I think that might work.

In combination with a report button, moderators and maybe even a level limit?

(ps, indeed, no need to be hostile here!)
      The Best Defense Is A Good Offense.
    • Unfortunately, I hate to say that level, gold amount, and High Command have nothing to do with players who break the ToS. They can be new, veterans, have any amount of gold/HC, but they still do it.
      DoctorDR1

Game Operator
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket

"Commander Cody, the time has come. Execute Order 66." -Sheev Palpatine