Delete armoured cars from starting army to make militia viable unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Delete armoured cars from starting army to make militia viable unit

Welcome.
      I played few games in 1.5 now, and i came to conclusion that if you want to make militia viable in this game at least in early, you need to delete armored cars from the starting armies of players.

In every game i played players stack their armies into 1 or 2 towers and each tower has one armored car. That means that you literally cannot use ambush tactic, since if you want to ambush the enemy tower by conquering the province they invaded, therefore slowing them is almost impossible to pull out, since the car will spot militia unit from a distance. This makes invisible units unviable to play in early game, and late in the game there are more much more powerfull invisible units that replace militia in that job.

The cars could be replaced with standard infantry units.

if someone has else opinions on that topic please write them down, since im open to discuss that topic
    • Having armored cars does make militia quite unviable, as from my experiences. Generally in larger maps, militia is used more, simply because if there’s a weak point, they all pile in and become useful. But it’s not about armored cars, if you remove armored cars, you would have to remove a whole assortment of other units like interceptors to balance it. Militia is good when used right, as defending units to stop rebellions. Pan-Asian doctrine offers a better use: replacing infantry to go with ordnance units since they get a speed boost.
      I should probably change what I write in here. -No one ever
    • Militia in the 1,5 version have gained already a huge advantage. They have become invisible and can only be detected by armoured cars, motorized infantry or interceptors. This is a huge advantage! On top of it they get a very 50% bonus in forrests and they get a 25% bonus in mountains and hills. In all those terrains a militia can stand a good match against an armoured car. Deleting certain units at the start is not the solution. Knowing your units and how to use their strength to your advantage is way more important!
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!