take down the moral update!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• take down the moral update!

Hello
      seriously, the new morale update is making the game imposible to win!!!

Provinces are revolting without any reasonable reason!!!

please take down the morale updates.

the AI attacking automaticly is hardly enough!! why would you making the game impossible to win by making our own provinces revolt against us!

last games i would have won it ranked #1 ... but because of revolts. i lose to #2 and #3 !!!!

Please take this support request seriously ... tell the game mods and programmers.

I will quitt this game if you guys don't take down this update!!!
    • DoctorDR1 wrote:

There has been no morale update in the past couple of months.
      Well, there was a "bug" fixed about a month ago that made revolts not happen at all anymore.

In general, I agree that the AI's response to fast expansion is on the hefty side by now. Rebellions may not have changed, but the advanced AI declaring on you as soon as you have any shared border (after you've been doing some decent expanding) is getting quite ridiculous:

1) on gameplay level, because you can not leave small neutrals laying aside because they will declare on you after your army moved on and you have nothing to counter them around anymore. To prevent this your only choice is to conquer them, which often opens up borders to EVEN MORE neutrals which you also have to conquer. This way you are forced to play the rather dull game of fighting AI, rather than focussing on the more interesting game of fighting human players.

2) on historical level, it is straight-out ridiculous... let's imagine the USSR defeating Germany in 1941, then marching on West to take France as well, and start preparing an invasion of Britain... do you really think that, for example, the Dutch would start attacking this superpower because they "did not like" them? Sure they wouldn't like them, but they would tremble in fear, hope not to get noticed, or accommodate and bribe them from invading, rather than sending their few infantry divisions into the vast plains of Germany...
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • And as an advice to players having to deal with this... THINK before you take capitals! Don't just rush into them whenever you have the chance, take them as shortly before day change as possible, preferrably AFTER you conquered the rest of the country... the moment you take a capital, ALL your provinces will get a 10% morale boost, effectively preventing rebellion in ALL the provinces you took earlier in the day.

So if that means, standing right outside the undefended capital city center for many hours, while your other troops are taking more land, DO IT!!
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

DoctorDR1 wrote:

Well, there was a "bug" fixed about a month ago that made revolts not happen at all anymore.
      That bug was fixed in May 2020. Afterwards we did further changes to revolts in June and July, basically lowering revolt chances and making it easier to suppress revolts. Since July no changes to revolt mechanics have been made.
    • freezy wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

DoctorDR1 wrote:

That bug was fixed in May 2020. Afterwards we did further changes to revolts in June and July, basically lowering revolt chances and making it easier to suppress revolts. Since July no changes to revolt mechanics have been made.
      Heh well, perception of time is a weird thing, right? I stand corrected.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Last Warrior wrote:

Because in 1.0 after 2017+ they was broken. You could have half continent with moral under 20 and did not see any single revolt.
      They fixed that a couple of months ago. I'm talking actually now between the 1.0 and 1.5 version. There's way more rebelions in the 1,5 version.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • Last Warrior wrote:

did they fixed it in cow classik for sure?
      They did, I remember being upset about nations returning back to the enemy, I thought it was a bug. It took me awhile to notice it was due to low morale and all I needed to do was place a unit down as a garrison force until morale increases every 24 hours (1 Day).

The Morale System is fine, people just need to stop trying to go full scale expansionist when they don't have the resources to handle Revolts / Separatism from nations they conquered. It's logical for nations which have been conquered to not like their new leadership, it's common sense. There's counties/states in the real world which wants Independence from their rulers(Ex. Kosovo, Kurdistan, Tibet, West Papua, Catalonia, etc.).
    • Anpere wrote:

It took me awhile to notice it was due to low morale and all I needed to do was place a unit down as a garrison force until morale increases every 24 hours (1 Day).
      That's very ineffective as you can easily take 20 provinces daily. You will leave 20 units behind? That's a considerable force that's of better use on the front. On top of it sometimes your one unit as garrison isn't sufficient and rebels with the province. Meaning that you need to go back and damage your units to kill a unit that was yours. Not cool you can imagine.

Here's an efficient way to deal with rebellions:
      - You take a capital before day change: when you take a capital your morale increases 10% in all your provinces and which is enough to stop all provinces from rebelling.
      - Just leave one fast unit behind in a province without risk of rebellion and just take back all the provinces that have rebelled.
      BMfox

• BMfox wrote:

Anpere wrote:

It took me awhile to notice it was due to low morale and all I needed to do was place a unit down as a garrison force until morale increases every 24 hours (1 Day).
      That's very ineffective as you can easily take 20 provinces daily. You will leave 20 units behind? That's a considerable force that's of better use on the front. On top of it sometimes your one unit as garrison isn't sufficient and rebels with the province. Meaning that you need to go back and damage your units to kill a unit that was yours. Not cool you can imagine.
      Here's an efficient way to deal with rebellions:
      - You take a capital before day change: when you take a capital your morale increases 10% in all your provinces and which is enough to stop all provinces from rebelling.
      - Just leave one fast unit behind in a province without risk of rebellion and just take back all the provinces that have rebelled.
      I know exactly what you mean, but this method doesn't always work, especially when you're messing with another Human Pla. In addition, if I remember correctly, that only works for provinces already taken, you take cities after conquering the capital and you still have to place down units to lower the chances of a rebellion. The Morale System is only bad for people who are use to being aggressively offensive against 2-3+ nations at the same time honestly.
    • Well you can't have it all can you. The resistance during WWII was a real thing after all.
      I usually save some small AI nation with the purpose of taking it's capital just before day change. It takes a bit of management but taking one capital a day is possible but not always feasable.
      BMfox

• One thing I do in Historical World War is use the usual Militia units that you get at the start to station at rebellious provenances since they become mostly obsolete mid to late game unless you invest research into them. Now this may not be feasible in other maps but if your really sick of rebellions then maybe have some Militia trail behind your main force or just some standard infantry.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • Habo778 wrote:

One thing I do in Historical World War is use the usual Militia units that you get at the start to station at rebellious provenances since they become mostly obsolete mid to late game unless you invest research into them. Now this may not be feasible in other maps but if your really sick of rebellions then maybe have some Militia trail behind your main force or just some standard infantry.
      Militia can never become obsolete imho, with 1.5, depending on the region.