Suggestions for CoW

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestions for CoW

In call of war, there is a lot of problems that need to be fix, or simple features that will make a players life a 100x easier !

In this update I suggest:

1) Colouring your armies: So you multiselect some units you want, and then it will show arrange of colours, you can colour that unit. So you can organise them, like red units can be to secure key production centres in Southern Iran while blue liberates Afghanistan from Iranian occupation.

2) Symbols: number one didn't make sense, but now we shall add Symbols. These symbols will go to selected you units that you selected for this. With these units below, you can organise them like "republican guard, special forces, regulars, Korean frontline"

I get this from HOI4, I used many of this from that game. It shows symbols which are useful

3) Frontline colours: When you colour a unit you can assign it to a border, when you assign it to that border it will colour it with the colour the unit has. For example, if the Special forces units (red) are assigned to a selected province, the border of that province facing the other country will be coloured in Red. BUT!!! if a selected few coloured units are assigned to that province, it will have multiple colours.

4) Replacing lines with arrows: in Call of war, when we attack or move, it will show a line going to a province, we should replace this with an arrow, not a line.

8o Good! <X EW!

5) Chatting with AI: in a lot of RPG games, you can interact with AI, in Minecraft, you can trade with villagers or in skyrim you can be talk to AI. We should add this to CoW, expect! it shows option to say to the AI, like "Greetings" "Alliance?" "I demand this province" each have a chance of working and failing.

6)Peace conference: I hate the fact, that when a player is defeated, they don't show a peace treaty instead they show the defeat screen, in this update, when you/ally capture all of a countries province or the player surrenders. A peace treaty screen will show up so basically if a group of people where against a losing nations they get a piece of the treaty. In this treaty, the victor with the most losses and most wins and participation in the war gets "war points" so the more war points you have, the more provinces you can annex, but to stop exploits, there is a rule, where a country who declared war on the later stages, dont get alot of points or countries that didnt do anything.

Also there is an option where you can take as many provinces as your points allow, and you can either annex all of it with your allies. You can also leave the "unwanted" provinces to the player who got defeated which will become a "puppet" the Victor can decide on how many units the puppet can have or which coalition to join, also the victor can create a "demilitarised zone" which we will be discussing now.

7) Demilitarised zones: After a Peace conference, a victor can impose a demilitarised zone, so basically they pick a handful of provinces and set them as demilitarised, these provinces will have a glowing red stripe on them, when a puppet state sends an army there, the units health will go down by 10%-56%. There will be a warning to the puppet to withdraw in 2 days, or the victor will declare war on the puppet. Also to make this fair, the victor can only set 2-6 provinces as demilitarised.

8) Attacking trade routes: When you trade with a country, the materials are automatically sent to the country in 2 seconds, but in this update the trade will become a cargo ship at a port and will be sent to the country of delivery, or if your landlocked, you can send resources through a passive unit called cargo truck, that will be sent to the destination, or if it is passing waters, then it will become a cargo ship. But if your passing through a country with trade embargo on you, it is not possible. So, when your ship or plane or unit sees a enemy cargo ship, you can strike it (also the cargo can be seen by all countries)

9) Making researched units important: In call of war its always quantity over quality, if I have 45 level 1 light tanks against 26 level 5 light tanks, the 45 level 1 light tanks will win! but now it is vice versa, the better researched the unit is the more it is effective in combat, so a lv 1 units cannot even scratch a lv 5 units. Lv 5 planes are less likely to get damaged than lv 1 planes. Ships also get a huge buff if they are well researched. So if France attacked Germany, but Germany had better researched guns than they will win for sure.

The post was edited 3 times, last by OutsiderJoe: Minor spelling mistakes and I added on to this ().

• Response to 1 - 2: I wish it was an option to choose the current Icon - Military Symbols. I was playing S1419. When I thought it'd be a wonderful addition to Call of War. Although, coloring is not really necessary and is quite a waste of time for developers.

Response to 3 - 4: No, thanks. I feel as if that made it way easier and boring on HOI4. It's fine as is.

Response to 5: If possible, sure why not. I think it'd make a lot more sense to trade with nations individually. It would sort of force users to be more diplomatic and create better relations with other nations if this system replaced the current Market System.

Response to 6: I see where you're going with this. I'm not sure how this would work though. But, I fully support if possible. I sometimes have no interest in expanding any further other than taking a few cities and provinces to create natural borders. I'd probably just allow coalition member to take it.

Response to 7: N/A
      Response to 8: N/A

Response to 9: I agree. But, this is based on your Battalion (Stack) Diversification and Knowledge. You have to adjust your stacks based off what your enemy has and remember terrain and doctrine advantages and disadvantages.
    • Anpere wrote:

Response to 1 - 2: I wish it was an option to choose the current Icon - Military Symbols. I was playing S1419. When I thought it'd be a wonderful addition to Call of War. Although, coloring is not really necessary and is quite a waste of time for developers.

Response to 3 - 4: No, thanks. I feel as if that made it way easier and boring on HOI4. It's fine as is.

Response to 5: If possible, sure why not. I think it'd make a lot more sense to trade with nations individually. It would sort of force users to be more diplomatic and create better relations with other nations if this system replaced the current Market System.

Response to 6: I see where you're going with this. I'm not sure how this would work though. But, I fully support if possible. I sometimes have no interest in expanding any further other than taking a few cities and provinces to create natural borders. I'd probably just allow coalition member to take it.

Response to 9: I agree. But, this is based on your Battalion (Stack) Diversification and Knowledge. You have to adjust your stacks based off what your enemy has and remember terrain and doctrine advantages and disadvantages.
      Whats wrong with 7 and 8?
    • OutsiderJoe wrote:

Anpere wrote:

Response to 1 - 2: I wish it was an option to choose the current Icon - Military Symbols. I was playing S1419. When I thought it'd be a wonderful addition to Call of War. Although, coloring is not really necessary and is quite a waste of time for developers.

Whats wrong with 7 and 8?
      They're both redundant.

Number 7 is technically already possible, just place down aircrafts and/or artillery, they have pretty decent view range for this and watch the border on your own.

Number 8 in particular also is the most redundant because there's no trade routes. When I think of trade routes, I think of the Civilization series.
    • I actually think attacking trade routes is a good idea because many navies in ww2 relied on convoy raiding to damage a countries resources and supplies. Also, I think the puppet state is a good idea because in historical World War countries for like France, u not only need to conquer its core provinces. Also, you need to conquer its remaining colony. This process takes days or weeks to complete.