Newbies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So I’ve been playing and was wondering what stories about new players do you have? From people you helped to people you crushed if you have any interesting stories please share.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • I was playing historical world war 1939, and I was in the same coalition as Sweden. I was Germany if I remember correctly and he decided to attack Norway on the first day. I told him not to do it because I knew Norway had more units then Sweden in the beginning. However, he told me that he would produce milita to help him. I told him that Milita is practically the worse unit in the game, but he did not listen and I told him he should wait a while before attacking. However, he did not listen once again. In the end he lost terribly against the AI country Norway and he went inactive.
    • This story is about me and my first game.

Soooo.... I figured out quite quick that militia can be produced anywhere with just barracks so I built barracks in every single province. Somehow, my peasants conquered scandanavia (i was finland, I would like to credit most of the invasion to my 3 light tanks and 2 arties) although soon enough I ran out of food at was at like -400 an hour cuz I had several hundred militias and barracks everywhere. I went to war with Germany (in the plains) who was a good player and used medium tanks and SP arties (which I thought was weird). His armour wiped out my militia and sent me back to sweden. fortunately, he sold one of his huge TD and SP arty stacks to yugoslavia (my partially active ally) who then sold this army to me. I managed to beat germany and one the game because I clicked the mysterious 'vote to end' button.
    • whowh wrote:

This story is about me and my first game.

Soooo.... I figured out quite quick that militia can be produced anywhere with just barracks so I built barracks in every single province. Somehow, my peasants conquered scandanavia (i was finland, I would like to credit most of the invasion to my 3 light tanks and 2 arties) although soon enough I ran out of food at was at like -400 an hour cuz I had several hundred militias and barracks everywhere. I went to war with Germany (in the plains) who was a good player and used medium tanks and SP arties (which I thought was weird). His armour wiped out my militia and sent me back to sweden. fortunately, he sold one of his huge TD and SP arty stacks to yugoslavia (my partially active ally) who then sold this army to me. I managed to beat germany and one the game because I clicked the mysterious 'vote to end' button.
      Not very usefull this old experiance. Unit trade is not possible since more then 16 monthes. New players can not play classic version, so they can not build militia everywhere, but only in cities. There is not any upkeep for barracks any more. But yeah main lesson from your story is "take care on betrayers" Germany was betrayed by Jugoslavia in your Story.
      Also yes. It is usefull for new Player. This game is full of betrayers.