Ukrainian localization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ukrainian localization

Do you support this initiative? 7
        Yes (6) 86%
        Don`t mind (1) 14%
        No (0) 0%
      Not sure I`ve chosen the correct subforum ("localization" would probably be better)

We, Ukrainians, are deprived of localization.
      Ukraine is the largest country in Europe, with 42 million people population. This is a big market of players who cannot choose their native language in their own country.

Let me explain this to you using some statistics:

Firstly, there are more than 35 million people, for whom Ukrainian language is native. Meanwhile, more than 45 million people, who can speak and understand Ukrainian all over the world.
      For this reason, Ukrainian is the second most spoken Slavic language, the 8th most spoken language in Europe and 26th widespread spoken languages in the world.

Secondly, adding Ukrainian to major platforms and computer games has been a trend since 2014. the most recent example is Netflix (2020) andApple making Siri speaking Ukrainian.

If we are talking about games, I could state, that a new game localization comes every other day. Nearly all major games have a full Ukrainian translation or at least subbing.

As you`ve seen, Ukrainian is on the rise in every field of tech industry. Especially in gaming sphere.

At the same time, Dutch (24 million), Czech (10 million) and Polish (45 million) languages, which have smaller number of speakers, are still represented in the game.
      Ukrainian could be the 8th most spoken language out of 12, that we have now. The funniest thing is, that Czechoslovakia and Netherlands aren`t playable in the game, but still have players from those countries taken into account. At the same time, Ukraine is playable on several CoW maps.

All things considered, hasn`t the time for a new language in the game come?

Also, you could read a great research on Ukrainian localization here.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Serhii_Shevchenko ().

• Hello everyone,
      Right now there are no plans for a localization of the game for additional languages right now. This doesn't mean that this won't change if we see the demand for an additional language that is not met by existing localizations already, but right now there are no plans for it. I shared your request with the team though, so the team can evaluate whether we
      should look into it.
      Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • Arcorian wrote:

Hello everyone,
      Right now there are no plans for a localization of the game for additional languages right now. This doesn't mean that this won't change if we see the demand for an additional language that is not met by existing localizations already, but right now there are no plans for it. I shared your request with the team though, so the team can evaluate whether we
      should look into it.
      Thanks for your reply!