Advantages of 1.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Advantages for players or for company?
      If for players, for young or for working and players with family in RL?

Game mechanics advantages for all are:
      1. More realistic research tree.
      2. More differences between doctrines. Wich are in classic version only different by skin.
      3. More realistic upgrade system.
      4. More realistic generation of militar units.
      5. Fixed ingame world market.
      6. Reballancing of economy on historical map. Every country on 25er has now really valueble chances for viktory.
      7. Rebalanced range of ranged units.
      8. Small adjust against swarming by airforces.
      9. Adjustment of doomstacks.

Advantages for newcomer and for player with overdimensionized online time.
      1. Everything is quicklier than in classical version.
      2. Surplus on ressources.
      3. Surplus on units in early game, because of surplus of ressourses and short recruit times.
      4. Rebalanced research times.
      5. Power up of airforces, except swarming.

It is not full list. But enough for quick respond.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Last Warrior ().

• Enjoy your empty wallet then NoobNoobTrain. 1.5 is 1.0 on crack, not very user friendly at all. The sheer game speed adds tons to most peoples already stressful daily life. Apart from that it's not CoW, it's something completely different.

In order for companys to survive this is the way it has to go sadly. I can't even begin to count all the mobile games that were great to begin with that turned into money grabbing, hideous copies of its former self. CoW was a pretty pleasant surprise when i found it but it took only a few months before it was ruined for me this time. Actually, longer than most other games I've played, save for Astronest which i played for 5 years, and it's by far one of the best strategy games I've played on mobile. But that game is totally ruined now aswell. Oh well. Onto the next one i guess. Because believe me, this is just the beginning of the decline. Abandon ship before it's sucked both you and your money completely in.

The post was edited 2 times, last by General Kadhammer ().

• General Kadhammer wrote:

Enjoy your empty wallet then NoobNoobTrain. 1.5 is 1.0 on crack, not very user friendly at all. The sheer game speed adds tons to most peoples already stressful daily life. Apart from that it's not CoW, it's something completely different.

In order for companys to survive this is the way it has to go sadly. I can't even begin to count all the mobile games that were great to begin with that turned into money grabbing, hideous copies of its former self. CoW was a pretty pleasant surprise when i found it but it took only a few months before it was ruined for me this time. Actually, longer than most other games I've played, save for Astronest which i played for 5 years, and it's by far one of the best strategy games I've played on mobile. But that game is totally ruined now aswell. Oh well. Onto the next one i guess. Because believe me, this is just the beginning of the decline. Abandon ship before it's sucked both you and your money completely in
      I agree that the speed is too fast for the new COW 1.5.
    • NoobNoobTrain wrote:

I think it would be a much shorter list to name the disadvantages.
      I can't think of any, really. I would never go back to 'classic'.
      I can name about a dozen things wrong with 1.5 which will kill this game in about a year. 1.5 is simply more complicated with more buildings and units with features that are not realistic.

For starters, why is my army of 6 infantry and 6 light tanks, all at half HP running around the map using 100% of resources to maintain it and fighting at 50% efficiency with a 10+ stack penalty? Realistically, after a battle units will die but not in 1.5. The whole stack just keeps fighting with a penalty and at decreased capacity. You literally have to get them killed off to get the manpower and other resources back. That is 100% dumb.

1.5 isn't faster, it is just more complicated with silly resources assigned to units. What rare resource is needed exactly to make a plane or tank? The various ranges on the aircraft are dumb and don't make any sense.

The fact that we get TWO new artillery units but now all FOUR never shoot anything other than 50km from level 1 to max level. That is not realistic either. Arty should hit farther as better units are researched just like planes can fly farther.

The 10 unit stacking penalty is dumb, 20 would have been much better with previous SBDE, especially since all arty shoot the same range. In all wars, you could siege a city from a safe distance...not in 1.5. I could go on but I just laugh at how bad Bytro screwed up a simple/fun game.
    • G-O58 wrote:

BeerBelly wrote:

What rare resource is needed exactly to make a plane or tank?
      Aluminum, Manganese, Copper, Nylon, Rubber, Lead, Nickel. :huh:
      Don’t forget that synthetic materials are also used in planes and tanks. Also early radios used a crystal to produce sound so that would contribute to the rare material cost. I’m sure that many intricate parts of engines and electronics would contain materials considered “Rare” along with the materials and chemicals needed to create explosives for the tanks and aircraft to drop/shoot. Overall what I listed would add upon what G-O58 presented.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)