AI countries destroying player countries

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI countries destroying player countries

Hello! I was wondering if there has been a CoW game you've played where you or another player got demolished by one or more AI countries. If so, please feel free to tell me about it, and post a pic below!

In a 1939 Blitzkrieg game I recently joined, I played as Italy and my friend Germany attacked every AI country bordering him at the beginning of the game. I told him this was a bad idea, because I knew that some of them were quite powerful. He didn't listen though, and he invaded Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Lithuania, and Hungary. Turns out, he eliminated most of those AI, and by day 4 only Poland and Denmark remained. But when Germany went to invade Denmark, there were 6 Danish units waiting at Aarhus, including a medium tank. (I was surprised, I didn't think they would be so powerful.) So since most of Germanys units were elsewhere, he could hardly defend his cores. He later went inactive, and this is what happened:

Denmark captured Berlin, Hamburg, and at the moment Germany only has about half of his cores left.
    • Andromeda wrote:

I told him this was a bad idea, because I knew that some of them were quite powerful. He didn't listen though, and he invaded Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Lithuania, and Hungary. Turns out, he eliminated most of those AI, and by day 4 only Poland and Denmark remained.
      It actually is almost the best strategy in blitzkrieg for Germany to find a player ally to guard their back while they take out all of the bots.

But either way it is always hilarious when a single tiny bot beats up a large country.
    • The current status of cow is 90% arcade game, since less than 10% of live players remain after 5-6 days.
      Bystro has strived mightily to make the programmed countries give every appearance of livelihood,
      when in fact, using the most boneheaded tactics.
      Incredibly, many, if not most, of the new children accounts readily recognize and attempt to emulate these pre-programmed failure modes.
    • WayneBo wrote:

The current status of cow is 90% arcade game, since less than 10% of live players remain after 5-6 days.
      Bystro has strived mightily to make the programmed countries give every appearance of livelihood,
      when in fact, using the most boneheaded tactics.
      Incredibly, many, if not most, of the new children accounts readily recognize and attempt to emulate these pre-programmed failure modes.
      So true, in the end it's just a coalition pitted against another coalition and that's it. But it's at least a bit better on event maps.
      I should probably change what I write in here. -No one ever

The post was edited 1 time, last by TomtheBuilder ().

• WayneBo wrote:

The current status of cow is 90% arcade game, since less than 10% of live players remain after 5-6 days.
      Its always irritating when people do that. Especially on 1939 Historical maps. Most of the time whoever gets Germany, the Uk, France, and the USSR go inactive while all of us good players are stuck with Xinjiang and Poland.
    • whowh wrote:

WayneBo wrote:

Its always irritating when people do that. Especially on 1939 Historical maps. Most of the time whoever gets Germany, the Uk, France, and the USSR go inactive while all of us good players are stuck with Xinjiang and Poland.
      Very much what happened in my playthrough of the 1939.
      I should probably change what I write in here. -No one ever
    • i have been demolished by AI before; as Sweden. i had low level units and half of the map [clash of nations] was at war with me. since my armies were campaigning elsewhere i left my cores relatively undefended, and much to my dismay, the Finns attacked through the north. long story short, i produced units to defend myself until i realized the match couldn't end soon after i lost Uppsala; then i left and archived the game.
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I never go inactive its like a promise
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • GrandEmpire wrote:

I never go inactive its like a promise
      I do that as well. Players like that are extremley annoying cuz they never die but are very good.

Habo778 wrote:

I don’t go inactive until there is literally nothing I can do, like all my armies are gone and I only have 3 rural provinces that are about to be taken.
      I would stay active even then. Jeez, one game I was Denmark (back when you could join historical world games as minor powers) and all my land was taken and all I had was some militia convoys and a couple of cruisers. I invaded the UK and went viking for like 2 months. The guy went inactive and I took London but the bot had too much numbers and I had no provinces (I was a viking, just raiding)