Unit Graphics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unit Graphics

I think that there should be a change to the graphics for certain units in their respective doctrines.

Allied:
      -change battleships from New York class warships to Iowa class warships (basically the old nuclear battleships would look great)
      -change the interceptors from spitfires to p51 mustangs
      -change cruisers from the Italian style to Atlanta class cruisers

Soviet:
      -change interceptors from 1-15 to yak 9 or la5's

Pan-Asian:
      -change cruisers from the Italian style to mogami class cruisers

Axis:
      -change cruisers from the Italian style to Admiral Hipper cruisers

These little changes make the game more fun to play as each nation has visually pleasing units that make sense for their doctrines. Personally, I dont like to play either of the soviet or allied doctrines because their units aren't pleasing to look at like the axis and pan-asian units.
    • TomtheBuilder wrote:

Not nesscessarilly a tech tree, more like new unit models, allies doctrine but commonwealth units.
      That would be nice but they would need a different doctrine logo. (the US flag really should never represent something specific to the commonwealth)

Either way a benefit of a new doctrine would be variety. there are just too many nations with the allied doctrine. What the doctrine would focus on would also be confusing I suppose. The US doctrine is too much like what Britain's doctrine has historically been. Perhaps it could be a trade off of unit HP but for speed. Another alternative would be to go down a path where there is a stronger economy (better building buffs or base output) in exchange for unit speed.

It could have buffed up ships (specifically destroyers and carriers but possibly battleships) and improved motorized units (mot infantry, SP arties, SP AA, Mech infantry) but weaker foot units and neutral armored units.