Option-Sabotage Your Own Building

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Option-Sabotage Your Own Building

I know this may sound ridiculous in the first instinct, but imagine that you controlled a lot of countries and you got a sneaky coalition mate that caught you off guard and tried to control Occupied France & Deutschland & Spain. You got a bunch of lvl 5 buildings there. Then he uses the buildings and works against you.
      This is bad. And German & Japanese troops back in WWII have been crazily destroying their own factories & occupied villages or cities, in order to leave nothing useful to the Allies. So here is my proposal:
      • You click on the province tab, then on the building icon. There will be a button saying: Sabotage this Building, like the Disable button for Barracks and Naval Base back in v1.0 games.
      • Sabotaging the building will take time(for the workers to walk around, lay explosives, and destroy important papers in real life), and you will be paying rare materials & money(costs for explosives & hiring of workers).
      • You will only be able to sabotage 1 building at a time. Once sabotaged, regardless of level, the building is gone for good. You can always rebuild it though.
      • Sabotaging delays and costs increases when the level of the building being sabotaged increases.
      • The reconstruction costs and time for buildings will not be affected by this sabotage, and you start reconstructing from lvl 1, and slowly make your way to lvl.5.
      • A ‘Confirm Sabotage’ prompt shall appear(like the one for converting paratroopers), or else the player will ‘lurve’ seeing their buildings destroyed.
      • THE PROCESS SHALL NOT BE REVERSIBLE, to make the game more ‘interesting’...lol
      • If the province is captured before the sabotage delay time runs out, the building will not be damaged.(Workers can’t detonate the explosives)
      Some coding logic that My Fellow Programmers might find useful:
      Dunno what your original code and language is, don’t want to write c++, so let’s go with python.
      Programming should be quite simple.(I said maybe)

resources = #current player resource balance
      buildglvl = #building level of the required building
      buildghp = #current building hitpoints
      if #sabotage button clicked:
      if buildglvl == 1:
      #set sabotage delay, costs to this
      continue
      if buildglvl == 2:
      #you should know what to do next
      #launch sabotage confirm popup
      if #sabotage confirmed:
      # resources -= the set value as above
      if #sabotage delay have passed:
      buildghp -= buildghp
      else:
      break

Plz seriously consider this and put this function in the game! ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by Joe-6989 ().