Retiring Units or Placing them on Reserve Status

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Retiring Units or Placing them on Reserve Status

I am one of those players that really liked to keep a high K/D ratio. Call me vain, perhaps, but I like it. The issue is that at the start of the game, we are given a bunch of units, many of which I do not want to invest in researching to upgrade. However, as long as they are alive, they are costing me in daily upkeep, which are resources I would like to put elsewhere. I could simply suicide them against an enemy to kill them off, but I would rather not, since that would totally wreck my K/D. The option I am looking for, then, is the ability to "retire" a unit, whereby the unit simply disappears. To prevent artificially high K/D's, you could disable this for units currently in combat.

Alternatively, if the designers want to get fancy, perhaps you place the unit on "reserve" status, a process that takes a couple of hours (like Embarking and Disembarking) and when finished, the unit becomes an immobilized militia unit of the same level as the original unit, and only has a militia upkeep cost. To take a unit off of "reserve" status would require a 12 hour mobilization period like for paratroopers, during which the unit still cannot move, and retains the defensive stats of a militia unit. This would allow players to reduce the cost from units that they do not want to keep, but be able to recall them in case they start getting their butts handed to them and need to call those forces up again for defense.
    • Instead we should be able to make units go in reserve, where they enter a reserve pool, where they will have 0 upkeep. Then when we need it we could place it back in any of our provinces, this will take one or two hours. Otherwise this idea has been requested by players forever, and this is a good idea.
    • KingVarchasv wrote:

Instead we should be able to make units go in reserve, where they enter a reserve pool, where they will have 0 upkeep. Then when we need it we could place it back in any of our provinces, this will take one or two hours. Otherwise this idea has been requested by players forever, and this is a good idea.
      I am learning how to use the Forum, and now realize that I can search by subject to see who has already voiced an opinion on this subject. I did not realize at first that I did not have to scroll through all of the pages to find the subject. Knowing that, I would not have made a new thread, I would have commented on an old one to revive the issue. I am regrettably new to this place, and to the game as a whole.
    • i agree with qwertupo, having a retiring mechanic that can free manpower and resources is attractive to say the least
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213