Spain Historic World War short Report

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spain Historic World War short Report

My story begins as the leader of Spain in Historic World War 1939. I immediately saw the threat from France and took every measure to ensure maximum protection from this foe. I built industry buildings and did not upgrade my units far, the Axis strength bonus making me stick to low level quick production. After I started maxing out my economy I assessed the Spain’s armies. She stood rather weak, a small naval force, some artillery, infantry and anti-tank. Potential was there though. I produced and placed 2 commandos in each of my border provinces with France, mountains giving them a bonus and maxed out forts along the border, the overall bonuses astonishing. Then I organized my armed forces, creating the Spanish Africa Corps and the Europe Corps. I was also hopeful of expeditions to South America and on news boasted that the Spanish Empire would be recreated. Diplomacy was a far more complex matter, however. My relations with the United Kingdom were alright and I bought the Falklands. Yet I was unable to find a proper ally. France had made the coalition: Western Union, members France, UK. The United Kingdom was now a friend of this powerful foe. I tried to make ensured peace with France but he refused. However, after Italy attacked him I was sure he would not invade me, and so created an expeditionary force of 25 regiments headed for Mexico. The player had never been active and when I invaded he became AI, so I won rather easily, and my initial force was powerful enough to take C. America all the way to the Canal Zone. In Asia Japan and China were fighting each other and the Soviet Union was also caught up in that war, and I traded many things with them, therefore benefiting greatly from this war. And since I was secretly supplying all sides whomever won would be my ally.
      South American Expedition and fall of the Low Countries
      In South America, after I gained precious resources from the Soviet/Chinese/Japanese war and stabilised my economy with my North/Central American colonies, I was able to gather near 40 regiments for my invasion of the active Colombia. However, I attacked the Caribbean first to use it as a naval base, and when I gained enough ship support the invasion of Colombia came. I was surprised to win very quickly, and strengthened my South American garrison. However, France was expanding too, now on the doorway of Rome and also taking the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. I countered that with the successful invasion of Portugal and her colonies, significantly increasing my presence in Africa. However, final the day came that I was attacked.
      Battles of Barcelona
      The fortified line I had created on my border was called by me the Franco Line, and it held strong against the relentless French attacks. There was one problem, however, I had no air defences on the line. So it was breached in the south after a day, and French troops poured into Barcelona. My defensive units there consisted of 5 elite militia and 2 tank destroyers, however 3 medium tanks were going toward Barcelona to reinforce it. The First Battle of Barcelona began with 3 stacks of 10 French light/medium tanks opening fire on my units. Within hours 30% of the city fell, and its industry was destroyed. My armies had taken huge losses, but thankfully nearly all civilians had been evacuated. Barcelona was a hopeless cause, and so I recalled the reinforcements. The North of the Franco Line had been breached too and I had created a second line in front of Balbo, I called it the Fatherland Line. Barcelona fell after another 7 hours of fighting, and the French met the Fatherland Line. It was a formidable belt of defences, anti air, artillery just behind the lines and Tactical Bombers, tank destroyers, elite militia and Panzer Mark IIs. Meanwhile the French had retreated from Rome and Italy now had taken its land back. In Africa my Africa Corps had claimed complete supremacy, and I was ready for a counter attack. Further more, the USSR had won the war in Asia, and as my ally he gave me significant resources. My South American colonization had reached its peak, only Brazil and Argentina still standing. The Spanish Armada I had created was 20 ships strong, including my greatest battleship, the Saviour. I had also developed Wonder Weapons, 17 ready and 3 in production.
      Fury of Spain
      So began my counterattack. The entire Fatherland Line moved up with my assault force, and Battleship fire support saw a brilliant victory for me. The Second Battle of Barcelona went smoothly, Astonishingly I advanced to the doors of Bordeaux, and some of my Africa Corps had landed unscathed in Marseille. I was delighted and announced on news that the Fall of the French was near. However France’s salvation came when the United Kingdom declared war against me. I managed to once again win in Africa, and took many British colonies, however, my great Armada fell and soon Balbo and my entire coast came under bombardment. I countered this, however, with Railroad Guns. Their bigger range than even Battleships meant I sunk the entire enemy fleet quickly and his convoys were destroyed. Once again, I had won. In France now I had taken Bordeaux and Marseille and was near Paris. The French leader finally went inactive, I took his lands and his colonies, the British sued for peace, and I made them pay 50,000 money and give up most of their colonies. All of a sudden, I was the European Hegamony, my economy roared at +1000 for every resource and the USSR had strengthened his alliance with me. In South America Brazil and Argentina finally fell, and after nearly a month since I had began as leade of the Spain I had beaten France and the UK, taken South America and most of Africa, and created the third strongest army in the world.
      Total War-Collapse of the West
      The Italy decided to attack me, having formed an alliance with the UK somehow. I quickly took the Italian lands, and Britian I did not invade but bombarded and launched rocket attacks. Again he sued for peace and again I took more of his colonies. Germany(AI) attacked me, but he too quickly fell, I took Berlin, then I suddenly attacked and conquered the United Kingdom. I completely took Africa, and my American force stockpiled on the USA(AI) border while my Armada II neared his coasts. Time went on, I beat the United States and Canada, took Yugoslavia and looked toward the Nordic Countries. Then, disaster struck. The Soviet Union betrayed me, and I was no match for him. Not only was my army heavily outspread colnizing distant lands, but also I had only 300 units were as he had over 800. He took my mainland and also Africa, and so I left the game. When I came back on recently I saw that my Americas colonies all still stood, but the USSR was 100 points from victory, so I left again and wrote what I remembered of that round here.
      I had only seen the loss of France against Spain once before.
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“If you win, you need not explain!”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • nah sorry i got no pics this is pretty old
      “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

“What difference does it make if destruction is wrought under the name of dictators or in the name of democracy?”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • i recently had my first solo win, and i was betrayed SEVEN times in that one game, which is the record, my solo win also gave me the best economy ive ever had, biggest army, first nuke, least allies, etc etc. i do have pics of that

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • “I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior. I love only that which they defend.”

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Yeah i know :)

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • i got my first solo as italy in blitzkrieg. my first nuke as UK in historic world war i also had my biggest army and economy as UK in the same game. in terms of mightiest army % it is in tie at 33%
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I would have gotten my frst solo ages ago but i was sole member of a coalition :(

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • same thing happened to me in my first game, i would've got 2 solo wins now
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • oh

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • Hey should i post more reports?

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • man, i should post some of my reports, i am too lazy tho. i am really interestted by your in-depth reports

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Thanks. Ill have to wait for a good game, and i think im in one. Its my first time as Germany in Historic World War

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • You enjoyed tho did you not

War is Peace
      Slavery is Freedom
      Weakness is Strength
    • there can only be 1 lazy guy, and that's me

Secretary of Nova0213