How is the expansion penalty established? / ¿Cómo se establece la penalización por expansión?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How is the expansion penalty established? / ¿Cómo se establece la penalización por expansión?

I have a question here, and a lot of hypothesis. This increase when you are in war and the fronteirs become more and more long, or is about the number of nations that declare war on you.

What is for certain, I want to know how it works.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tengo una pregunta aquí y muchas hipótesis. Este aumento cuando estás en guerra y las fronteras se vuelven cada vez más largas, o se trata del número de naciones que te declaran la guerra.

Lo que es seguro, quiero saber cómo funciona.
    • It has to do with your reputation, which has mostly to do with the amount of people you have declared war on.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • it is not about killing them, it is about attacking them
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • yup, ther is. The other nations remember the way you butchered their friends)))
      - BIG DADDY.
    • No way?!... Denmark was your friend? ...the one who cross the baltic ocean only to get occupy by 1 regiment of militia?.... poor boy... you would must choose better your partners. hahahahahaha....

Men this is unfair. And there is a legal form (legal i mean without using force), to get they have a good reputation about you?.
    • cycle9 wrote:

The expansion penalty is based solely on the total number of provinces.
      The NPC will declare embargoes and war based on popularity, which has nothing to do with the expansion penalty.
      So, for what you are saying. I'm never gonna decrease the expansion penalty and it will maintein permamnently?.... men please no... I'm a 1080 nation and i want to finish the game.
    • Standby:
      When CoW2.0 is fully downgraded to Sone standards,
      the expansion and other penalties will be even worse!
      Game play will consist solely of buying propaganda offices,
      no other buildings or troop recruitment are possible,
      and god forbid you should ever start a war!
      The population will be standing in permanent bread lines,
      since there are insufficient resources to enhance food production.
      Entertainment will consist of loudspeaker announcements from
      the roof tops of the numerous propaganda offices.
      In the end, the game will be renamed:
      The Marxist Ideal Has Been Achieved!
    • Marcos Sicilia wrote:

Men this is unfair. And there is a legal form (legal i mean without using force), to get they have a good reputation about you?.
      You could give all bots share map. I do that a lot.

Alternatively, to minimize the penalty, attack a few large enemies instead of attacking a lot of small enemies.

Honestly, this 'popularity' thing with bots is near impossible to play with and defeats the whole point of the game. The point is to attack, not to be afraid that 50 different bots are all going to attack you with their puny AA stacks.
    • cycle9 wrote:

Standby:
      When CoW2.0 is fully downgraded to Sone standards,
      the expansion and other penalties will be even worse!
      Game play will consist solely of buying propaganda offices,
      no other buildings or troop recruitment are possible,
      and god forbid you should ever start a war!
      The population will be standing in permanent bread lines,
      since there are insufficient resources to enhance food production.
      Entertainment will consist of loudspeaker announcements from
      the roof tops of the numerous propaganda offices.
      In the end, the game will be renamed:
      The Marxist Ideal Has Been Achieved!
      No plans like this exist. We won't be overhauling the balancing that much anymore for 2.0, as that was already the 1.5 step. 2.0 will be more about feature additions. Just wanted to mention it once more because you keep spreading this "it will all become S1" rumour.
      Btw maybe you noticed but recently S1 changed some of their balancing back more into the direction of CoW, so the other way around.
    • What is S1? Googling it along with "game" just took me to the first season of Game of Thrones... :D
      - BIG DADDY.