BACKSTABBERS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BACKSTABBERS

In my opinion, there has been a marked increase in the number of players that are backstabbing. For you who may not know what I am talking about, I define a backstabber as a player that either joins your coalition or invites you to join their coalition with the secret plan of playing with you to a point when they see you are vulnerable and then attack you from behind.

We probably have all had this happen and I know it's a part of the game but since I have been playing COW I always try to play an honorable game. It's more than just stats to a lot of us here. It feels better when you take a team to the finish line and you work together. The backstabbing thing has pretty much made it so I really don't want to play with others due to not being able to trust them.

I would like to see some sort of penalty for attacking a team mate. Perhaps a dramatic loss in MORAL FOR THE BACKSTABBER. AFTER ALL, IF YOU WERE ORDERED TO ATTACK A TEAM MATE IN THE FIELD, YOUR MORAL WOULD LIKELY SUFFER.

So, I was just backstabbed today on a map and have had it happen three times over the past month. This has made me decide until further notice, to play solo and not join any coalitions for a while. I know this will make it harder on me but I would rather be killed by an enemy then a supossed friend.
      KATHEDLOK
      555 BLACK CATS
    • Backstabbing is an important part of warfare, for me, it's a different story than the comments that I've seen on the thread. I set a goal of betraying at least 1 country, whether AI or player, on every 1.5 map that I play. I had not yet betrayed any of my coalition mates unless ordered to (More on that later) and defined backstabbing as a nation that first has a allied relationship then invades you. But sometimes there are exceptions, in my 25er playthorugh, I was allied with Nat. China, India invaded Nat. China and gained a lot of ground. Then Nat. China ordered me to invade him so that I will get most of his stuff, which I did.

About the suggestion, I don't think there should be penalties simply because it would be unrealistic, only commanders see allied nations as teammates, the soldiers simply fought for their lives, as seen in WWI and WWII. Plus morale would be affected by your own citizens, and since citizens can be easily swayed by propoganda they will not care about "allies" more about their own country and the victories that follow the betrayal.
      I should probably change what I write in here. -No one ever
    • Yes, I understand that if someone in your coalition just plays an economy war and isn't working. If that's the case and they aren't feeding money and resources to the rest of the team they should be warned then given the boot. What I am talking about are people who join a coalition with the sole purpose of backstabbing...they all call it tactics, I call it backstabbing.

I do keep a list of them and when I start a new game I take a look at the list to see if they are playing...if they are, I out them and attack them and make a point of killing them.

I may be old fashioned but I love it when a team supports each other and works as a team. I even try to ally with NOOBS in an attempt to teach them or maybe groom them. This is the part of the game that I enjoy.
      KATHEDLOK
      555 BLACK CATS
    • Hello.

I agree with you, it is not a behavior that should be seen too often.
      But in some cases, it makes sense and is moral.

I did it once with a team mate I knew was cheating with multi accounts. I saw it because at the beginning of games, I often spy my partners to test the sincerity of their intent. I saw he drained insane resources from nowhere.
      I did not report but made sure he would not get the victory.

regards,
    • after playing many gasmes as part of a coalition, and backstabbing peple as well as being backstabbed by extra-coalition members, i have to say that is really annoying, team members that only order around and dont do anything, i leave the coalition if i see that they are inactive, then i invade them, an inactive friend is worse than an active enemy for me
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • I’m going to throw my hat into the ring and speak about my experience. I have been able to mostly avoid being betrayed in the games I played although I credit this to a few strats I try to use and my efforts to be overall a good ally.

1. Don’t ally off the bat
      I try to wait before going full share map, preferably a day or 2 but I often make exceptions mostly when it’s to get into one of the main Coalitions, almost always when I’m in Europe cause of the chaos the terrain encourages also often when geography naturally encourages an alliance like Yugoslavia and Romania or New Zealand and the rest of Australia.

2. You don’t have to become full partners immediately
      When it comes to forming relations I prefer to take a more refined approach then just sending share map for share map and asking “want to ally?” You can establish more technical relations like forming non-aggression pacts, becoming trading partners, having a treaty allowing for troops to pass through, allowing them to maintain a small garrison in your country (Make sure its small and that you only allow this if your SURE that they won’t betray you) and other smaller steps to build up to a military alliance.

3. Ally with noobs
      I personally ally with unskilled players a lot. I like to help these souls develop to their full potential and they can make good allies as long as they are willing to learn since they almost never betray. Also one huge bonus is that by teaching this person you add another experienced player to the community thereby improving it.

4. Be Paranoid
      Prepare for everything and you will never be surprised so keep your eyes peeled and remember that sometimes it’s better to keep your enemies closer then your friends.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • Habo778 wrote:

I’m going to throw my hat into the ring and speak about my experience. I have been able to mostly avoid being betrayed in the games I played although I credit this to a few strats I try to use and my efforts to be overall a good ally.

1. Don’t ally off the bat
      I try to wait before going full share map, preferably a day or 2 but I often make exceptions mostly when it’s to get into one of the main Coalitions, almost always when I’m in Europe cause of the chaos the terrain encourages also often when geography naturally encourages an alliance like Yugoslavia and Romania or New Zealand and the rest of Australia.

2. You don’t have to become full partners immediately
      When it comes to forming relations I prefer to take a more refined approach then just sending share map for share map and asking “want to ally?” You can establish more technical relations like forming non-aggression pacts, becoming trading partners, having a treaty allowing for troops to pass through, allowing them to maintain a small garrison in your country (Make sure its small and that you only allow this if your SURE that they won’t betray you) and other smaller steps to build up to a military alliance.

3. Ally with noobs
      I personally ally with unskilled players a lot. I like to help these souls develop to their full potential and they can make good allies as long as they are willing to learn since they almost never betray. Also one huge bonus is that by teaching this person you add another experienced player to the community thereby improving it.

4. Be Paranoid
      Prepare for everything and you will never be surprised so keep your eyes peeled and remember that sometimes it’s better to keep your enemies closer then your friends.
      Great logic
    • I've never been backstabbed so here are a few advices:

- Never ever share maps out of coalition: If you don't give shared maps then you can't get backstabbed.
      - Be objective in the choice of coalition team mates: What is their level, What is their KD and other stats, how many games did they join and how many did they win?
      - A player who has mainly coalition victories will probably be a trustworthy partner.
      - Join an alliance and join games together with your alliance team mates. They will have your back.

If you get backstabbed it's probably because you are weak. Here's some advice to prevent being weak and getting backstabbed:
      - Always keep a unit in your cities, preferable infantry or anti tank: By doing this having a cheap shot on your capital or other is impossible
      - Be active and login multiple times a day: when you are active the risk will be much higher for the backstabber and he may conclude that it isn't worth it.
      - Keep some Quick Reaction Force in your cores to deal with unexpected situations: 10 units should do the trick.
      - Never stop training more units: The more units you have the larger your army will be and the higher the risk for the potential backstabber.
      BMfox
      EN Community Support | Bytro Gmbh

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BMfoxCallofWar

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!