Randomizer map?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Randomizer map?

A 100 or 22 player map but everything is random. The player cannot choose his own country. There are random buildings in his cities, he has random research, his troops are also random. Coalition turned off but not anonymous. Obviously, there should be a limit for the amount of troops and upgrades a player gets so it doesn’t get too unfair.

The post was edited 1 time, last by qwertupo ().

• qwertupo wrote:

Obviously, there should be a limit for the amount of troops and upgrades a player gets so it doesn’t get too unfair.

whowh wrote:

RBoi200 wrote:

Random research and random troops would be bad because someone could get nukes on day 1.
      Is that not the point?
      But perhaps certain things could be more likely than others.
      Well yeah, I guess nukes would have like a 0.01% chance of happening.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!
    • the idea is good, and if the nuke is researched, how will it work?
      if by chance a player gets a nuclear rocket, will he have all levels of rockets researched and all levels of nuclear energy researched?
      and even then wouldn't it be a bane that a player gets high level units since that means for the most part said player couldnt produce anything, and what about the buildings, i wouldnt want lvl 5 industry on all cities of my opponent, but what do i care? it'll be lvl 4 under me anyway
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • but it is part of starting army, the tech tree will be destroyed is what i'm trying to say if nuclear rockets are already researched but there's no corresponding research on rockets and reactors, and even then some players will just get the largest buffs in tech tree
      i have no qualms of nukes being in starting army though
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • You realize the game mode could be modified so you can’t get some tech like nukes from the start and have it so a country is required to have a certain amount of research.

Game Setting Ex.

No starting nukes or starting nuke research

Research starts at day 12

At least 3 units researched to day 12

At least 2 units researched to day 6

at least 4 units researched to day 2

With settings like these people will get tech that is similar but the real challenge is to use what random tech you get. So you may have to work with lv4 AA, lv2 SP arty, lv2 battleships and whatever weird combinations of tech you get.

I see the point of this game mode to not be an even fight but to be a test of your creativity and skill working with what you get. So some payers may get axis doctrine and receive high level mot infantry and medium tanks but that just means new strats will be invented to counter with what you have and increase teamwork as people team up with the guy or girl that got high level AT.

So if this was added steps should be taken to balance the playing field but overall a slight imbalance could be just what is needed to spice things up a bit and encourage the invention of new strategies using underused (and underrated) units.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • As I think it over I really REALLY want this game mode to be added because honestly it is a unique idea and would make all kinds of interesting tactical scenarios and force people to not only use units outside of their primary function but show people how effective some more specialized units are. Ok and once people see how effective some of these units can be *cough* AA guns, AT guns, SP versions, Strat Bombers, Commandos, Paratroopers, Militia and many others *cough* they are more likely to use them in other maps which would lead to more diversified armies creating more interesting battles for all of us.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • This type of game would not be a skilled game... Just luck and u will win. What if u get a built army with no industries? You will die regardless of your good skills. Or if the opposite happens, u got tank plants but no barracks and then u got researched commandos but not even light tanks? Not a good idea at all. No offense.
    • YourGaurdian wrote:

This type of game would not be a skilled game... Just luck and u will win. What if u get a built army with no industries? You will die regardless of your good skills. Or if the opposite happens, u got tank plants but no barracks and then u got researched commandos but not even light tanks? Not a good idea at all. No offense.
      But that is the whole point. It is to make worth of what you are given.

And also, according the system we have outlined above there is a prerequisite for starting units and research. This also applies to buildings per category (unit use, production, etc)
    • YourGaurdian wrote:

This type of game would not be a skilled game... Just luck and u will win. What if u get a built army with no industries? You will die regardless of your good skills. Or if the opposite happens, u got tank plants but no barracks and then u got researched commandos but not even light tanks? Not a good idea at all. No offense.
      The point of the game mode is to give everyone the same level buildings, research (research should be based on research day instead of level) as well as pretty much the same starting units so it will be only a slight imbalance instead of a huge one. The point is to randomize what type people get in order to force them to improvise strategies using what they get. Also as for people getting research that doesn’t match their production center then the easy fix would be to rig the randomization so people get production that matches their research or just give everyone all the production centers at say lv2.

Another hiccup I thought of is landlocked countries, so a custom map may have to be made to eliminate player countries without a coastline. Also No offense intended of course.
    • Again, some countries might have navies, some may not. If a landlocked country needs a navy, then the player would need to seize a coastal city. Landlocked countries won’t start with a navy and no ports. They might start with research for navies but that would only favor them as they don’t need to research it.