Post-Game Replays

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Post-Game Replays

I think it would be cool if after a game you could see a time lapse of the entire game. If that's too much even just a day by day replay of the game would be nice. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned as far as I could find considering replays are a big part of many games. What do you guys think?
    • Yes please.

RBoi200 wrote:

You can see what happens day by day in the newspaper. At the top, it shows what day it is along with two arrows. Rewind all the back to day 0, then go slowly to the end and you can see what happened.
      The newspaper is also slow to move. But yes, it does give you a nice summary.
    • I think an extremely fast time lapse would be fun, even without armies shown, as it implies major warfare when you see provinces switching back and forth a lot. It's basically the newspaper in a sort of animation, where one second in the time lapse can be, say, 6 hours real time. Assuming a game is about 30 days old, it would mean a time lapse of 120 seconds, or 2 minutes.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • DictatorLee wrote:

I think it would be cool if after a game you could see a time lapse of the entire game. If that's too much even just a day by day replay of the game would be nice. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned as far as I could find considering replays are a big part of many games. What do you guys think?
      It would be glorious, seeing that counter attack again and again being gratifying and perfect. More if you could have the option to put "your favorite replay" on your user panel.

And men, if they add economic/militar/popular graphics it would become even one of the best interface role parts in this game. Guaranteed. I'm in.
    • Little Racoon wrote:

I think an extremely fast time lapse would be fun, even without armies shown, as it implies major warfare when you see provinces switching back and forth a lot. It's basically the newspaper in a sort of animation, where one second in the time lapse can be, say, 6 hours real time. Assuming a game is about 30 days old, it would mean a time lapse of 120 seconds, or 2 minutes.
      If we put all the pieces together it gets perfection. hahahah nice post Racoon, you are never lack of good ideas.
    • I was going to make a post before I found this. but I wish this was something. being able to analyse your tactics and the tactics of your enemies being able to see what they saw and how they reacted to it. it would be something that would be very cool if it was added and can help you learn new strategies and tactics and help you grow as a player
    • Should this be a feature? 10
        Yes (9) 90%
        No (0) 0%
        Not Quite as Presented Here (1) 10%
        Don't Care/No Opinion (0) 0%

Marcos Sicilia wrote:

This would be interesting now. With emerge of graphics like (number of provinces, tecnology carrer, different resource incomes at the end switching to day 0 to the end and showing at the same time how the map is evolving). That would be great.
      Yes, this is definitely needed. Here's a poll to see what others think:
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!

• I think this would be quite popular.

...and if it could contain a kind of "video animation" of your empire's borders over the duration of the game, even more so.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • It could also have snapshots of the game, for example, every hour of a few hours, of your and enemy positions. Kinda like at the end when all units are revealed, but instead of just the game, the replay will show them all throughout.
      Kind regards,
      Donk
      Bytro game addict and avid CoW player.

"Þ" > "th"

Display Spoiler

Слава
      Україні!