1.0 Europe 22 players as Poland (requested)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Day 1. Dispositions.

To start with, I looked for some allies around my region. After looking at rankings and k/d, I found that the three best players were Germany, France, and Sweden. Germany and France had both joined the same coalition. I messaged all of them looking for an alliance. Sweden responded immediately assuring me of good intentions while (as of right now) Germany and France have not.

After finding allies, I started to look for targets. After some precursory scouting performed by my single interceptor, I found Czechoslovakia, Lithuania, and Latvia to be prime targets.

The plan is as follows:
      1. Units would seize Latvia/Lithuania while Czechoslovakia would be invaded.
      2. The forces up north would take Estonia while Czechoslovakia is being taken out (it is larger than the baltic states)
      3. my forces down south would take Austria to limit German expansion while Communist Russia is invaded.

Not covered in this report but also occurred:
      1. Research-I started basic infantry, artillery, and tank research.
      2. Industry-I built up infrastructure and upgraded IDs
      3. Espionage-I dispatched a few spies.

The post was edited 1 time, last by whowh ().

• update for day 2 please
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Here comes days 2:

As mentioned in day 1, the plan consisted of 2 parts, an attack on the baltic states and an attack on Czechoslovakia. As predicted, the southern attack took longer. It unexpectedly eliminated at least 4 of my infantry and 1 armored car (valuable in early days). Fortunately, seizing the Baltics had gone well. Germany had also buggered my plans by invading Austria and cutting off my plans.

Other events

Intel from the spies dispatched previously had also shown that Romania was trying to join the alliance with Germany and France. Instead, Yugoslavia had joined

The first few artillery units had been produced

Several cities were being upgraded to allow armored production.
    • Depending on your relation with Romania, I'd suggest attack him. It's always very dangerous if your core is bordering some other country, so having Romania as a buffer would help a lot. If you want to attack Yugoslavia, on paper alone your armies are stronger. If he's not very active, you could just wait it out and bombard with your arti.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Day 3 summary:

Estonia was taken with speed and my forces have now moved south to attack romania.

The war with Yugoslavia met much more opposition. The plan was to quickly seize vienna before yugoslavia could log in. Unfortunately, he quite literally immediately messaged me after the initial bombardment. After some peace negotiations, we realized the war could not be stopped because we were still in combat. Yugoslavia seemingly forgot about my negotiations and sent his air force to bombard my army, restarting the war.

In the main battle around vienna, yugoslavia foolishly attacked my stack, therefore giving up his defensive bonus.

The Yugoslavic situation

my full empire. Sweden has assured me that in the case of war with germany he will attack through rostock to berlin.
    • umm, what aboutt communist russia? why did yugoslavia forget the negotiations? is sweden capable to attack at all?
      "In my humble opinion, on the subject matter, topic and content discussed beforehand; I would like to humbly propose, convey my idea on the subject and remark; this, with the help of the afforementioned post" - Karl von Krass

"The Golden Spire is looking for members, Anyone with good sense of game mechanics and a discord account can apply"

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Day 4:

A lot has changed. As mentioned in day 3, I was planning on seizing Vienna before Yugoslavia could log in and the whole day 3 crisis was about that. Espionage reports soon proved that yugoslavia's full army (much greater than mine) was coming so I sold him back the city in exchange for resources and an exchange in share map. (I expect people to question my blind trust at this moment).

As mentioned by @Karl von krass I have delayed Communist Russia to follow @little raccoons suggestion of securing Romania to protect my borders. Based off the espionage reports, my army outnumbers his by a lot.

In all honesty, almost nothing happened yesterday due to the crisis with Yugoslavia.
    • update for day 5, and i question your blind trust
      one thing, u should make some allies, such as com. russia, if he's active and france, make sure you could win

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Karl von Krass wrote:

update for day 5, and i question your blind trust
      one thing, u should make some allies, such as com. russia, if he's active and france, make sure you could win
      I know this isn’t a strategy thread but I have something to say. I don’t like to have a lot of allies but I can’t stop making them. Ok so I don’t like to ally with a lot of people because each person I ally with I’ll have to betray later in order to win so when I’m aiming for a solo victory I try to avoid making allies although what usually happens is I agree to help some poor player that is either inexperienced or really needs help against others or just asks really nicely and the end result is me usually forming a coalition so we can all try to win together since I don’t like warring against allies even if it’s honorable with agreement to duel it out. So um yea I’m not a very aggressive or cruel player unless there is a real ass on the sever because in that case I’m the person calling the whole sever to unite against the toxic player.

A little postscript but after posting I realized I dragged what was supposed to be a quick comment into a fairly sized paragraph so sorry I guess? I don’t know I just wanted to point that out.
      “If nature doesn’t kill us in the next few decades we will take matters into our own hands” -Habo778 (me)
    • Habo778 wrote:

I know this isn’t a strategy thread but I have something to say. I don’t like to have a lot of allies but I can’t stop making them. Ok so I don’t like to ally with a lot of people because each person I ally with I’ll have to betray later in order to win so when I’m aiming for a solo victory I try to avoid making allies although what usually happens is I agree to help some poor player that is either inexperienced or really needs help against others or just asks really nicely and the end result is me usually forming a coalition so we can all try to win together since I don’t like warring against allies even if it’s honorable with agreement to duel it out. So um yea I’m not a very aggressive or cruel player unless there is a real ass on the sever because in that case I’m the person calling the whole sever to unite against the toxic player.
      A little postscript but after posting I realized I dragged what was supposed to be a quick comment into a fairly sized paragraph so sorry I guess? I don’t know I just wanted to point that out.

yeh me too, but i have to unite since early game, everybody goes to me since i am a central nation, or i ally with people during solo rns to take out too powerful players

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Day 5:

As mentioned in the post above (both by Karl von Krass and myself) alliances are becoming a bit mlore important now that we are a bit later in the game. 5 days has provided trial by fire for the remaining players. Algeria was making some progress and so was Yugoslavia. France and Germany seemed competent although were extremely dependent on each other. Italy had just launched an all-out invasion of France while the French army was in the UK. Sweden, Spain, and Ukraine were not very active.

Concerning my situation, Romania had almost immediately fallen due to Yugoslavia and I's joint assault. We both gained around 20 VPs and went our separate ways. Yugoslavia went down to assault Greece while I went North to attack Communist Russia. As shown in the map below, the second plan is this:

1. Conquer Communist Russia
      2. Conquer Karelia and Cossack Republic (to block Ukraine
      3. Conquer the Russian Empire

• i kinda knew that u couldnt Trust Sweden, lol
      Are u part of any coalition or something?

Secretary of Nova0213
    • Nah, both are full.

Nothing really happened yesterday. All of the Americas just formed up a coalition and are attacking the UK, Spain, and Morocco. Algeria is beating south USA. Yugoslavia messaged me saying that he is considering leaving his current coalition and creating one with me.

For the rest absolutely nothing happened. I did start attacking Communist russia though.
    • not much really happened for me yesterday. I successfully conquered Communist russia according to plan and that was that. The bots have some how improved their tactics. I didn't see ONE AA gun during my blitzkrieg. The bot used a good deal of AT guns and AC tho. It also even tried a naval counterattack!

The real events that happened were global. The Americas have come out to play. After checking the news, I realized that the Americas counted for 35% of military power. After further investigation, it was found that they were part of an alliance that had joined the game. After even further investigation I found out that they had 3.0 k/d ratios. As mentioned in the previous post, S. America invaded algeria. Now, N. America has attack Spain and Canada has attack France and Great britain. I quite literally messaged every player (active and inactive) informing them of the threat and forming a mini-pact in which we would work together to take down the US.

• all of them had K/Ds of 3?
      anyway, i'd suggest immediately asking italy to block the mediterranean off, and combine france and germany to attack spain, while u take out threats to the east, bring in sweden and wrest UK out of their control

Secretary of Nova0213